8th June 2021, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PhD without masters degree amid Covid19 crisis in India?

Hi, can i apply for phd without my masters degree amid Covid19 crisis in India...I desperately want to do my P.hd but without masters degree

9th June 2021, 09:52 PM
Msdhoni02

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for PhD without masters degree amid Covid19 crisis in India?

The answer is NO. The eligibility criteria for PhD is that the candidate should have completed post-graduation in relevant subjects to get admission in PhD. There is no age bar to pursue this course. The candidate should be Indian.

Admission to the best colleges are given through the NET exam for this course in India.
10th June 2021, 11:42 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for PhD without masters degree amid Covid19 crisis in India?

Yes, you can apply for PhD without masters degree amid covid-19 crisis in india.

It is not necessary that you must have a Master Degree to apply for Phd. You can say that it is a path that most of the people follow to do Phd, but it is not compulsory. There are some Institutes/ Universities which provide PhD degree without asking any Masters degree.
10th June 2021, 06:11 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PhD without masters degree amid Covid19 crisis in India?

No, you can't apply for PhD without masters degree. The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph.D Program shall normally be a two years Master’s OR M.Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. Students must have obtained 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master’s or M.Phil Degree (applicable for all PhD programs except in Engineering and Technology).
12th June 2021, 09:40 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for PhD without masters degree amid Covid19 crisis in India:-

The conventional route for someone who on a PhD is to pursue a bachelor's degree, followed by a master's degree and then a PHD. However several students of The year 2 by bus master's degree by and rolling onto a doctoral program as soon as they complete their undergraduate degree.
to be considered for a PhD without a Masters at a minimum you will be expected to have a bachelor's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?