23rd February 2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT if scored 46 marks in GATE?

sir,
i got 46 marks in gate and
gate score 585.
Will i get admission in any iit colleges...?
please let me know as soon as possible
thank you in advance

24th February 2015, 08:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT if scored 46 marks in GATE?

It is tough to get chance in IITs if you have scored 46 marks in GATE. This is because there are huge number of applicants and the number of seats are very less. Hence the cutoff for most of the branches is quite high for the IITs. However, you should not lose hope since you have a good rank in GATE and can get chance in the IITs especially the ones which are not among the top institutes. Actually it depends a lot on your branch of engineering since the cutoff score is different for different branches. Thus, attend the counselling and you may have a chance in the IITs.
15th April 2015, 11:36 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

It is really hard to get the chance in any IIT College with 46 Marks.But you can try for joining the IIT's.46 is not a good score for IIT.You can get the NIT with 46 Marks.I suggest you that prepare again and secured good marks and also make a Good Rank in India.If you want to get the IIT Really,then no one can stop you to join the IIT.Dear prepare for the next time and you can also attend the counseling in IIT's with 46 Marks.If you are lucky then you may get the chance to get the admission there
BEST OF LUCK
1st April 2017, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

My gate score is 585 and marks are 51.2. Which IIT can I get for structural engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?