21st July 2016, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT through GATE if final year result still awaited?

Sir, I have qualified the GATE exam during my appearing but I have passed six semester with grace paper. Now I am selected for IIT,Kharagpur during appearing. My result is awaiting. Grace marks are allowed to take admission in IIT or not?

21st July 2016, 10:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT through GATE if final year result still awaited?

If you are expected to pass the exams this year then you will be eligible for admission through provisional degree which is given by the college or university. If you are declared pass through grace marks then also it won't create any issues.

In the end you must have a valid degree from a recognized university with required marks either through normal marks or through grace marks.
22nd July 2016, 12:54 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT through GATE if final year result still awaited?

Yes, there may not be any problem and the grace marks wont do any effect in your admission if you have completed the Engineering and cleared all the papers or the backlogs at the time of admission and in a position to produce your result/mark sheet/ degree with in the specified time.

Note that the GATE mark sheet is valid for a perios of 2 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?