19th May 2016, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.Tech in IIT through GATE(Mathematics) being a B.Tech Mechanical graduate? Courses available to study in M.Tech at IIT through GATE(Mathematics)?

Hello Sir,
I am B.Tech Mechanical graduate. Can I go for studying M.Tech in IIT, if I am able to clear GATE Mathematics? If yes, then can you please tell me courses offered through GATE(Mathematics) to study in M.Tech in IIT?

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering M.Tech Correspondence? Fee details of the course? Subjects offered in M.Tech?
  2. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  3. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Tech course?
  4. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  5. Where should I opt for M.Tech course? List of the colleges?
  6. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  7. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  8. What exams to appear for to do M.Tech after B.Tech EEE?
  9. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  10. Can I appear for GATE in Mathematics stream if I am pursuing B.E in Computer Science stream?
  11. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  12. Can I study M.Tech in IIT through GATE(Mathematics) being a B.Tech Mechanical graduate? Courses available to study in M.Tech at IIT through GATE(Mathematics)? -- [New]
  13. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  14. How much marks do I need in GATE exam? I want to study M.Tech course in IIT college
  15. Which are the specialization streams in M.Tech mechanical? Which is the best? I have completed my B.E in Mechanical and want to pursue M.Tech in IIT
  16. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  17. How to study for IIT M.Tech?
  18. Best Engineering colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd May 2016, 08:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.Tech in IIT through GATE(Mathematics) being a B.Tech Mechanical graduate? Courses available to study in M.Tech at IIT through GATE(Mathematics)?

For M.Tech in Mechanical engineering admission you need to crack the same subject in GATE. Mathematics will not allow you to get admission in M.Tech mechanical engineering.

Therefore, just be prepared for GATE according to your B.Tech degree. Maths subject is for those who hold M.Sc in Maths subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?