28th July 2021, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Can we do MTech with BTech degree that is not recognized by AICTE?

Hi, one of my friends holds a B.Tech degree from a university which is not recognised by AICTE. Is it possible for him, to do Mtech/ME in India? Through regular course or distance education?

29th July 2021, 03:24 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we do MTech with BTech degree that is not recognized by AICTE?

If any university has a BTech course without the approval of AICTE that means that the university can be fake. Any university recognized by UGC will not conduct a BTech course without mandatory approvals and AICTE approval is mandatory. The engineering colleges are governed by AICTE and they give approvals for starting or continuing a college and not UGC. You can do MTech from Non-AICTE approved colleges though it shall have UGC approval.
31st July 2021, 12:05 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in M.Tech course after completing B.Tech degree that is not recognized by AICTE.

For the admission of M.Tech course the candidate should have passed B.Tech course in the respective stream from a recognized University.

As per my suggestion, you should apply in private college for the admission of M.Tech course through regular course or distance education according to your choice.
31st July 2021, 11:04 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

No, You can't pursue MTech with BTech degree that is not recognized by AICTE.

You must have completed BTech from AICTE recognized university otherwise your degree will not be accepted in india.

You can't get admission for MTech on the basis of this Non AICTE recognized university.

If you are getting admission in any university on the basis of such BTech degree than your MTech degree will not be accepted anywhere.
31st July 2021, 03:13 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, definitely, you will face problems in higher studies, and also in some cases, you will not be deemed eligible for higher government jobs. But there are many universities in India which give students admission in MTech even when their degree is not recognized by AICTE.

You should have got 60% in BTech from any university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?