21st June 2014, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for admission in M.Sc Oceanography? Institutes offering this course?

I have completed MSc. in OCEANOGRAPHY and want to pursue my career in METEOROLOGY. What are the criteria and institutes offering such coarse?

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the institutes in India for BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology? How to take admission in such institutes?
  2. Institutes offering MSc Agriculture and Disaster Management course? Mode of admission and the procedure?
  3. Are there any institutes in Odisha for Oceonography
  4. M.Sc in Oceanography is better or M.Sc in Meteorology?
  5. Prospect of M.Sc in Physical Oceanography? Requirements fro this course? List of colleges and syllabus?
  6. Which are the institutes offering admission in M.Pharma? Eligibility criteria for it?
  7. Institutes in Kerala offering Integrated MSc course? Which are the courses? Selection criteria of these courses?
  8. M.Sc in Clinical research after B.Sc(Applied science)? Job opportunities after M.Sc? Institutes in India for M.Sc(Medical Biotechnology) and it's eligibility criteria?
  9. Where will I get job after M.Sc Oceanography? How to get into research work through NET/SET?
  10. Previous year question papers of MSc oceanography and meteorology for CAT CUSAT exam?
  11. Institutes providing Acting course after 12th? What is the criteria for admission?
  12. Institutes offering integrted Phd in chemistry (CSIR GRANT)?
  13. Institutes offering summer project in AP for MSc Biochemistry students?
  14. List of top institutes in India offering MSc Biotech course? What is their total seat capacity? What is the admission procedure?
  15. Institutes offering B.Ed correspondence course in Mumbai? Criteria for admission in the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Institutes offering integrated MSc courses? What is the duration and the fee structure?
  17. Career opportunities in Astrophysics and Optics? Good institutes offering MSc in Physics? What is the admission in procedure?
  18. Institutes offering summer research fellowship? I am pursuing MSc Biochemistry
9th August 2014, 06:17 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria for admission in M.Sc Oceanography? Institutes offering this course?

Different universities have different criteria for admission in M.Sc Oceanography. Most of the universities prefer GATE score or they conduct their own entrance exams. The institutes which are offering such course are:-

- Indian Institute of Technology – Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
- Cochin University of Science and Technology – Cochin
- National Institute of Technology – Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology – Calicut
- National Institute of Oceanography (NIO)

For meteorology you need to be a graduate of meteorology or related fields. The admission is either done on the basis of marks in graduation or via entrance exams.
Institutes for meteorology are:-
-Shivaji University,Vidyanagar, Kolhapur
-Indian Institute of Science,Bangalore
-Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
-Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi
-GovernmentInstitute of Science,Maharashtra
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?