4th April 2014, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Guidance on what can be a wiser option for me to pursue my post graduation in?

Hello!

I am a student of Political Science, currently pursuing my bachelors from LSR, University of Delhi.
As I would be stepping into the final phase of my graduation soon, it would be of critical importance to me to decide on the subject I would like to do my Masters in.
And, this has become a difficult task, for I am confused about the stream I should go in for.

Although, post-graduation in Political Science, or any allied subject, seems to be the most obvious choice, however, of late, I have developed some liking for management courses.
But, it seems that the management courses don't have a profound liking for social sciences students, as much as we may have for it!
Although abroad, the inter-linkages of management courses with Political Science are very well pronounced, for Political Science at the end of the day teaches one to how to manage human and other resources, domestically, the same rosy picture seems nowhere in sight.

I would like to know if it would be a wise decision for me to switch my stream in my post-graduation? And, if it is, then could you please elucidate on the economic avenues that may be opened up to a student with this combination?

Awaiting your response!

With Warm Regards

Chayanika Saxena

27th September 2016, 10:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidance on what can be a wiser option for me to pursue my post graduation in?

If you opt for post graduation in political science subject, then you will have limited options like teaching in colleges or going for a research career. So, it will depend on your aim. If you want to become a lecturer, then it will be good.

Management courses are more popular among graduates, as it gives you chance to get into leading MNCs with good package, provided you have studied from a good institute. Hence, go for management, but make sure that you get admission in a reputed institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?