21st September 2021, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

How do I complete my masters in architecture after pursuing civil engineering?

Could you tell me how do I complete my masters in architecture after pursuing civil engineering ?what's the procedure for joining in architecture...... Is there any entrance exam... If there is an entrance exam what are the topics (syllabus)

21st September 2021, 10:31 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How do I complete my masters in architecture after pursuing civil engineering?

°°° Civil engineering and Architecture are two really different branches and hence, it is not advisable to pursue architecture.

You are eligible to pursue Masters of Technology in architecture after completing Bachelor of Technology in civil engineering and for that you have to write an exam known as GATE exam .

°°° These are the best colleges to pursue this course:

Aayojan School of Architecture Jaipur accurat

Accurate Institute of Management and Technology Noida

Allana College of Architecture Pune

Jadavpur University Kolkata

Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore

Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal Madhya Pradesh
22nd September 2021, 08:32 PM
periwinkle09876

Default Re: How do I complete my masters in architecture after pursuing civil engineering?

YES, you can complete your masters in architecture after completing BTech in civil engineering although it is not suggested to pursue architecture after civil engineering because these are totally two different fields.

You have to crack GATE examination which is given just after completing BTech.
There is no age limit.
Once you qualify GATE, you have to choose masters of Architecture course for pursuing your further interest in architecture which is a two years degree course consists of four semesters.

Colleges that offer M.Arch

IIT

NIT

BIT

LPU
22nd September 2021, 10:15 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

MArch is a post-graduate course with a 2-year duration and is designed to improve the thinking ability of students in architectural design and help them explore design techniques beyond traditional methods. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in Architecture with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Admission selection will be on the basis of performance in the entrance examination.

Civil Engineering deals with the design, planning, and construction of buildings, roads, bridges, dams, tunnels, and other infrastructure. In civil engineering you spend half of your time in the office and the other half on sites, supervising the work of construction managers, mechanical engineers, and other professionals. On the other hand, Architects are usually involved in the pre-construction phases and don't look after the construction process itself and spend most of the time in the office.
23rd September 2021, 11:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- You are eligible to pursue Masters in architecture after pursuing civil engineering and for that you have to take an entrance examination that is GATE.
Duration of this course is two years which consists of four semesters

Colleges for MTech in Architecture

Aayojan School of Architecture Jaipur

Allana College of Architecture Pune

Jadavpur University Kolkata

Adhiyamaan College of Engineering Krishnagiri

Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal Madhya Pradesh

National Institute of Technology Patna Bihar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?