19th February 2015, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

ICWA course is equivalent to Post Graduation? Will it be helpful for my future career?

Hello
What is the use of doing ICWA course? Is this ICWA course equivalent to post graduation or not? Will it be helpful for my future career? If not what will be the course which I need to take?
Can someone provide me the right suggestions?

Thanks.

5th March 2017, 03:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICWA course is equivalent to Post Graduation? Will it be helpful for my future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
What is the use of doing ICWA course? Is this ICWA course equivalent to post graduation or not? Will it be helpful for my future career? If not what will be the course which I need to take?
Can someone provide me the right suggestions?

Thanks.

The ICWA course is considered for various government jobs like Assistant Professor, Associate Professor etc. The UGC has notified the minimum qualification for appointment of Teachers and other academic staff in universities. It says that a First Class Graduate and professionally qualified Cost and Works Accountant are eligible for examinations like NET/SLET/SET. In this way the ICWA is equivalent to Post Graduation. For other government jobs, you have to check the notifications.
Yes, the ICWA course will be helpful for your future career. Candidates after completion of the ICWA course can work in banking sector, private enterprises, development agencies, finance sector, teaching field etc. Candidates can work in companies like BHEL, Reddy Labs, ECIL, L&T etc. They can work as Financial Controller, Accountant, Cost Controller, Finance Manager, Chief Internal Auditor, Associate Professor etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?