22nd March 2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

M.Sc(Microbiology) or M.Sc(Chemistry), which one to study for getting good job?

Hello,
I have completed my B.Sc in Biotechnology, Chemistry & Microbiology. I am confused what to do now? Should I take M.Sc in Chemistry or M.Sc in Microbiology? Which one has better job opportunities, if I complete my M.Sc from India?

12th April 2015, 10:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Sc(Microbiology) or M.Sc(Chemistry), which one to study for getting good job?

Your aim should be to get admission in a better college and if you are getting admission in a reputed university for any one of the course then you must go for it. Both degree course have a good scope in pharmaceutical research field and you can opt according to your interest. Admission in most of the top universities is based on merit and you have to be very good in academics to get admission. Therefore, be prepared for the entrance exam.
13th April 2015, 07:05 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: M.Sc(Microbiology) or M.Sc(Chemistry), which one to study for getting good job?

You have studied three major subjects of science filed at your graduation which are - Microbiology, Biotechnology and Chemistry and all these three subjects are very much demanded in science field due to their various advantages and uses in related and unrelated fields that is why you have three options to choose on the place of choosing two different options that you have already decided.

As far as my experience is concerned, you should go for option no. C that is Master's or M.Sc in Biotechnology because if job recruits in science field then a candidate of M.Sc in Biotechnology will get the job first but other streams students will not that is why you need to understand the importance of Biotechnology.

Biotechnology is the subject that covers almost all parts of science such as - Biology, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Industrial Microbiology, Biochemistry, Seed Technology etc. but if you choose Microbiology as an option at PG level then you will get the job in related field only after recruiting of your particular subject but if the recruitment held for Microbiology then Biotechnology holders will also be preferred for the job.

Chemistry is also a good option but there are three different subjects in chemistry which are - Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry and you can complete M.Sc in any one of these three fields and if you go for Organic or Inorganic then it would be better.

If you are not willing about M.Sc in Biotechnology then you should go for M.Sc in Chemistry because M.Sc chemistry will give you jobs more than that of M.Sc in Microbiology that is why M.Sc in Chemistry is good for your career and you can easily complete it but choice carefully because Organic Chemistry has a lot of scopes rather than other branches so go for M.Sc in Organic Chemistry.

After completion of your M.Sc in Chemistry, you can apply for job in various fields means in both government and private and your first priority should be to get a good government job and in this field you enter through - Lecturer/ Assistant Professor post, Lab Analysts in government colleges and in private you can get more jobs in all type of - Pharmaceutical industries, chemical industries, medical companies etc.
14th April 2015, 07:24 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: M.Sc(Microbiology) or M.Sc(Chemistry), which one to study for getting good job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my B.Sc in Biotechnology, Chemistry & Microbiology. I am confused what to do now? Should I take M.Sc in Chemistry or M.Sc in Microbiology? Which one has better job opportunities, if I complete my M.Sc from India?

I will suggest you to take M.Sc in chemistry, because now a days the scope of medicine is getting to upper limit and there is a golden opportunity for those who are in the medicine field. Since, you can go for the chemist position as well after having your Degree in Chemistry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?