20th February 2023, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

MBA in Marketing Vs Operation - Which is better?

Hi, I have done My BSc. IT, GNIIT Software Engineering and Part Time MCA
I have work ex of 2 years 4 months in Larsen and Toubro Infotech as Software Developer
Primarily working in Java Technologies.
I am perusing my Full Time MBA from a college affiliated to Mumbai University.
I am confused between marketing and operations, i want to remain in the IT industry,
Which specialization would help me achieve the same and why?

21st February 2023, 03:07 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: MBA in Marketing Vs Operation - Which is better?

Both marketing and operations specializations can be beneficial for a career in the IT industry, but they have different focuses.

Marketing specialization involves studying consumer behavior, branding, advertising, and sales strategies. It can help you in creating a brand image of the IT company, promoting the company's services or products, and developing marketing strategies for the same.

Operations specialization focuses on supply chain management, project management, and production management. It can help you in managing the production, project or delivery of the IT company's products or services.

If you wish to remain in the IT industry and work on the development and delivery of IT services or products, operations specialization may be more relevant. However, if you are interested in promoting the IT company's brand image and products, then marketing specialization may be a better fit.

Ultimately, the choice between the two depends on your interests and career goals. You can speak with the college's placement cell or your professors to understand which specialization may suit your career aspirations better.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, M.Com, NET Qualified
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?