10th March 2019, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MSc(Chemistry) for BSc(Mathematics) candidate? List of colleges with fee structure in Chandigarh?

Sir, I am studying in 2nd year of BSc in Mathematics. I would like to do MSc(Chemistry) after my BSc. So this is possible for me? Which are the colleges in Chandigarh provides MSc(Chemistry) course? I also want to know the fee structure of these colleges.

11th March 2019, 07:02 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MSc(Chemistry) for BSc(Mathematics) candidate? List of colleges with fee structure in Chandigarh?

Yes of course you are eligible for MSc in chemistry course after completing your BSc in mathematics course. But should not have any backlogs in your bechelor degree course.

Eligibility criteria:-
You must have completed your graduation in science stream from any recognised college/university.

You must have secured a minimum of 45% marks in graduation.

No relaxation in minimum marks is given to candidates belonging to any category.

So, if your completed BSc degree course without any backlogs then definitely you are eligible for this course.

List of colleges for MSC chemistry in Chandigarh:-

DAV College, Sector 10, Chandigarh, Chandigarh
Phone:- ( 0172)2 743980, 274 2609

Post Graduate Government College,
Sector 11, Chandigarh, Chandigarh
Phone:-( 0172)2 7405 97

Post Graduate Government College for Girls, Sector 11, Chandigarh, Chandigarh
Phone:-( 0172) 2 7406 14.
13th March 2019, 11:31 AM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MSc(Chemistry) for BSc(Mathematics) candidate? List of colleges with fee structure in Chandigarh?

Yes, you can pursue M.Sc in mathematics. However, you would need to have mathematics as primary od secondary subject in your B.Sc.
You can join following colleges to pursue M.Sc in Chemistry:-
1)Panjab University - (PU), Chandigarh :-The fee would be Rs. 44,867 for first year and Rs.37,290 for second year. The total fee for 2 years would be Rs.82,157
2)University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, :- The fee would be Rs. 24,572 for first year and Rs.24,089 for second year. The total fee for 2 years would be Rs.48,661
3 DAV college, Chandigarh:- The fee would be Rs.58,880 for first year and Rs.58,280 for second year. The total fee for 2 years would be Rs.1,17,160.

For brochure and to apply online , you can visit the college website directly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?