5th July 2019, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study regular MCA for correspondence BCA student?

Hello Sir, I am a student of SMU, studying BCA from correspondence. I want to do MCA after my BCA. So, my question is, I am eligible for admission in MCA in regular mode? Kindly help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

7th July 2019, 08:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study regular MCA for correspondence BCA student?

If you have done BCA from a recognised distance mode university then surely you will be eligible to apply for admission in MCA degree. Just make sure you have got the minimum required marks in your degree to become eligible for the entrance exam.

Most of the MCA entrance exam will have criteria for 60% marks in degree or even 50% marks in some cases. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.
8th July 2019, 04:05 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am a student of SMU, studying BCA from correspondence. I want to do MCA after my BCA. So, my question is, I am eligible for admission in MCA in regular mode? Kindly help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

Correspondence BCA students can study MCA in regular mode in some colleges or universities. Students who have passed BCA or BSc Computer Science or BSc Information Technology or any graduation with computer science as a subject or studied Mathematics or Statistics or Business Mathematics as a subject in 10+2 are eligible to study the MCA course in regular mode. Eligible students have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to study MCA. Duration of the MCA course in 3 years.
9th July 2019, 12:47 AM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, there is a possibility to study MCA through regular mode after BCA through correspondence. You must have to appear and qualify in the entrance conducted by the concerned university to get MCA admission. As per the MCA eligibility criteria, the candidate must complete a bachelor degree in any discipline with an aggregate 65% from affiliated university in India will be eligible to pursue MCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?