13th July 2017, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is better for IIT JAM, math or chemistry?

I completed my BSc this year. I want to know which is better option for IIT JAM in between math/chemistry. I have good knowledge in both subject. So, I am not able to decide which is better option for me.

14th July 2017, 11:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is better for IIT JAM, math or chemistry?

In terms of scope, math will be a better option for you. Most of the industries require people with maths degree. These days statistical maths is in high demand.

Hence, it would be better to opt for math, if you are comfortable with it. Completing M.Sc math from IIT will help you a lot.

15th July 2017, 03:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

* If we go through student's opinion who has appeared for IIT JAM exam for admission in Master's degree in Science then mathematics is the best subject to appear for this entrance exam.

*Mathematics is marks fetching subject. If you have good concept and accuracy in this subject then you can choose mathematics for JAM exam.

18th July 2017, 06:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my BSc this year. I want to know which is better option for IIT JAM in between math/chemistry. I have good knowledge in both subject. So, I am not able to decide which is better option for me.
If you have completed B.Sc in Mathematics then you are eligible for IIT JAM in Mathematics subject.

Your B.Sc degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

11th April 2019, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is mr. Shivam Tripathi and I want to bsc in du. Which subject is better me mathematics statistics or maths only far bsc ..
Tell me guys a better advise...
Because I want to preparation far iit-jam..

14th August 2019, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

I am good at both mathematics and chemistry which subject shall I choose for msc through iit jam??

12th February 2020, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

If I applied for biotechnology the. After cracking the exam will I be able to do MSc on life science?

15th January 2021, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

Guys tell which is best subject either mathematics or chemistry from syllabus and marks of point of view.. because I'm persuing my Bsc so i want to complete my MSc from IIT and I'm seeing both the IIT JAM MTHS and chemistry syllabus and u all would not believe that I'm unable to distinguish the topis in mathematics 2020 paper even I'm satisfactory student in mathematics but however i thoroughly understand chemistry concept but as we know chemistry is filled with it's acceptions that's why I don't wanna take chemistry..
If anyone knows tell me which is best subject for IIT JAM...!!

27th May 2021, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

I am good at maths and chemistry. My doubt is which subject has good carer after completion of M. Sc.

6th July 2021, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir free study material kaha se milega??

22nd August 2021, 12:38 AM
Available here
Senior Member+

Maths is the best option . After Completion of graduation in B.Sc in Mathematics you are eligible for IIT JAM Mathematics Subject.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?