14th March 2017, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for 2nd mate FG exam without any limitation?

Dear Sir, I did pre-sea GP rating 6 months training and joined as deck cadet on supply vessel. I completed 18 months sea service and cleared my NWKO exam. Now, I have sailed 10 months as NWKO. Now can I appear in 2nd mate FG exam without any limitation, because in my NWKO has offshore supply vessel limitation. Please advise. Thanks in advance

8th April 2023, 06:20 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Can I appear for 2nd mate FG exam without any limitation?

Typically, the eligibility requirements for appearing in the 2nd mate FG (Foreign-Going) exam vary depending on the country and the maritime authority that conducts the examination.

In general, to appear for the 2nd mate FG exam, candidates are required to meet certain eligibility criteria, which may include sea service, completion of required courses, medical fitness, and other factors.

Since you have completed 18 months of sea service and cleared the NWKO exam, you may be eligible to appear for the 2nd mate FG exam. However, it is important to check the eligibility requirements of the specific maritime authority that conducts the exam to ensure that you meet all the necessary criteria.

Additionally, it is important to note that the offshore supply vessel limitation in your NWKO certificate may have an impact on your eligibility to appear for the 2nd mate FG exam. Therefore, it is important to clarify this with the relevant maritime authority or your training institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?