7th December 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Chances of doing job in Railways as locomotive engineer after completing diploma in IT? What are the courses to be done to get job in private sectors?

I have completed my diploma in IT now my result will be coming in January. So what type of course can I do or will I get job easily in private sectors or in government sectors? As well as my plan is to join in Indian railways as a locomotive engineer that is driving engines. So is there any chance of doing job in railways?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course can be done after Diploma in IT? Which all job opportunities will I get in private and government sectors?
  2. What can I do with private job having 3 years of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I get government job on the basis of Civil Diploma? Right procedure to get such job?
  4. Which advance course would be helpful for me to get job in Private and Government sectors?
  5. How to get a Job being a B.Tech Fresher? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the scope for civil engineering?
  7. Will there be any chance for me to get a Job in Government sector being a Diploma holder? How should I prepare for the Entrance Exams?
  8. Job opportunities in Government as well as Private Sectors for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  9. Chances of getting admission in NIT after scoring 394 marks in GATE(ECE)? Can I get job in Private/Public sectors with this scorecard?
  10. List of Top companies which offer recruitment for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student
  11. Detailed information about Railway Summer Internship/Training programme for B.Tech ME 4th semester student?
  12. What should I do after passing 12th computer science?
  13. Government jobs available for Civil Engineer? Chances of getting job in Abroad?
  14. Can I get a job in railways after passing B.Tech CSE of 3rd semester
  15. Chances of getting a job as Software Engineer in Kerala or else where? Salary and job profile?
  16. How to get a job in railways? I am a chemical engineer
  17. Which group is better for me after passing 10th?
  18. Which one is better between job in private sector as Engineer with MBA degree or job in government sector where pay is more?
9th December 2015, 02:02 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of doing job in Railways as locomotive engineer after completing diploma in IT? What are the courses to be done to get job in private sectors?

In order to become a locomotive engineer the minimum educational qualification required is that the candidate should have completed atleast +2 or equivalent. Engineering students should atleast be of 21 years of age, in good physical conditions.

Candidate should not be prone to alcohol or any other drug addiction.

In order to become a locomotive engineer you will first of all have to earn federal certification to operate freight and passenger trains. After that you will be probably asked to pass a skill performance test and a written test to just analyse the candidate's knowledge about train operations.

Candidates will also have to pass a hearing and vision test.

After having cleared all the above mentioned stuffs you will probably be deemed a locomotive engineer in railways.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?