26th February 2023, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Corporate lawyer after class 12?

I am in class 12 from commerce background i want to become a corporate lawyer tell me know how to become a corporate lawyer.

26th February 2023, 09:26 PM
IAmPagal

Default Re: How to become a Corporate lawyer after class 12?

To become a corporate lawyer after class 12, you need to follow these steps:

Complete your undergraduate degree: You will need to complete your undergraduate degree in law (LLB) from a recognized university. You can pursue an integrated law course after class 12 or a 3-year LLB course after graduation.

Gain work experience: It is advisable to gain some work experience in the legal field after completing your LLB. You can work as a legal assistant or intern with a law firm to gain practical knowledge.

Pursue postgraduate studies: You can pursue a postgraduate degree in law, such as LLM (Master of Laws), to gain expertise in a specific area of law, such as corporate law.

Pass the bar exam: To practice as a lawyer in India, you need to pass the bar exam conducted by the Bar Council of India.

Find a job in a law firm: After completing your education and passing the bar exam, you can apply for job opportunities in law firms specializing in corporate law. You can also consider working as an in-house counsel for corporations.

It is important to note that becoming a corporate lawyer requires hard work, dedication, and a strong understanding of corporate law. The salary for a corporate lawyer varies depending on their experience and the law firm they work for. It can range from 4-5 lakhs per annum for entry-level positions to more than 20 lakhs per annum for experienced corporate lawyers in top law firms.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?