26th February 2023, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

What work civil engineer has to do in IT sector?

I am including in my options after B.E in civil engineering that i will join IT sector. But i don't know what an civil engineer has to do in IT sector.
I have gone through the forums, and i know that civil engineers are been hired in IT company.
What will be salary given and increment.

26th February 2023, 08:23 PM
4700BC

Default Re: What work civil engineer has to do in IT sector?

Civil engineers can work in the IT sector in various roles, such as software development, project management, quality assurance, and technical support. In software development, civil engineers can work on developing software and applications for various civil engineering tasks, such as building design, construction management, and project planning. In project management, civil engineers can manage software projects related to civil engineering tasks. In quality assurance, civil engineers can ensure that software meets the standards and requirements of civil engineering tasks. In technical support, civil engineers can provide technical assistance to clients who use civil engineering software.

The salary for civil engineers in the IT sector can vary depending on the specific role, experience, and location. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a civil engineer in the IT sector in the United States is around $82,000 per year. However, this can vary greatly depending on the company and location.

In terms of increments, it will depend on various factors such as the company policy, the employee's performance, and market trends. However, civil engineers in the IT sector can expect to receive regular performance-based increments and promotions.
26th February 2023, 08:24 PM
4700BC

Default Re: What work civil engineer has to do in IT sector?

Civil engineers can work in the IT sector in various roles, such as software development, project management, quality assurance, and technical support. In software development, civil engineers can work on developing software and applications for various civil engineering tasks, such as building design, construction management, and project planning. In project management, civil engineers can manage software projects related to civil engineering tasks. In quality assurance, civil engineers can ensure that software meets the standards and requirements of civil engineering tasks. In technical support, civil engineers can provide technical assistance to clients who use civil engineering software.

The salary for civil engineers in the IT sector can vary depending on the specific role, experience, and location. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a civil engineer in the IT sector in the United States is around $82,000 per year. However, this can vary greatly depending on the company and location.

In terms of increments, it will depend on various factors such as the company policy, the employee's performance, and market trends. However, civil engineers in the IT sector can expect to receive regular performance-based increments and promotions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?