31st October 2016, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

How to become a good software engineer? What I should do after Matric?

How to become a good software engineer? What I should do after Matric? Can you please give me the details on the same? What are the steps I should follow for this? It will be really helpful if you can give me the information soon. Thank you!

31st October 2016, 11:07 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a good software engineer? What I should do after Matric?

You should go for 12th standard with PCM as the main subjects, after completion of metric standard. After completion of 12th standard, you should go for JEE entrance exam. Through this exam, you will get admission in good engineering institute to pursue bachelor's degree. You have to apply for bachelor's degree in Computer science. During your course, you are suggested to pursue various software courses and computer languages. After completion of your bachelor's degree, you have to apply for GATE exam. Through this exam, you will easily got the job in govt. company.
31st October 2016, 11:52 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a good software engineer? What I should do after Matric?

Steps which you should follow to become a good software engineer are :-

- Opt for science stream in your 10+2.
- Keep Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as core subjects along with Computer Science preferably.
- Appear in the engineering entrance exams after your 10+2.
- Score well in the engineering entrance exams to seek admission chance in the leading engineering institutes across the country.
- Opt for Computer Science Engineering.
- Pursue the course well and get involved in the practical problems to become a good software engineer. If you can seek employment opportunity in the leading IT companies then you will have a better exposure and become a good software engineer.
31st October 2016, 11:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Step by step procedure after 10th to become a software engineer

- After 10th, you have to pass 10+2 in Science stream with Maths

- After 10+2, you will have to get admission in good Engineering colleges through Engineering entrance exam.

- Complete Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science of four years duration.
1st November 2016, 12:07 PM
pruthvi12dba

Hi,

To become a software engineer is a good decision.For that need to work hard in your studies.

*First clear your Board exams successfully with good percentage.
*And join in Computer Science group in Intermediate clear two years with above 75% which suits for all over your educational career.
*After that you can study Degree or Engineering courses but choose computer related groups.
*Daily read IT Magzines like JAVA Magzine, Small Business Computing Magzine etc so many online magzines are available go through it.
*If you done in these manner while completing your studies you are applicable for search a job in Software field.
*Then you become a good Software Engineer.
1st November 2016, 01:42 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a software engineer, you will have to get admission in B.Tech(CS) after completion of your 12th with science background and should try to score [retty well in your JEE(main) examination, as the better you score the more chances you create to avail admission in top colleges and continue with your studies further.

You can get admission in good college in order to pursue your course and then after completion of your course, you can opt for job in top IT/Software firms. You should however have good knowledge about coding, java, etc. in order to become a good software engineer in future.
1st November 2016, 07:37 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned above that you want to become a software engineer, so after completing your 10th standard you have to complete your 12th standard with science stream and you must study mathematics as your compulsory subject. After that you have to get a bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering or you can also opt for master's degree which is more preferrable. You can go for MCA/BCA/Master of Engineering in Software Engineering etc. Hence after completing any of these courses you can become a software engineer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?