12th August 2014, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Which one to select between Cognizant and Tech Mahindra?

Hello everyone. I am in great confusion and please help me. I am from kolkata,West Bengal. I passed B.Tech in Computer Engineering in 2011 and got placed in tech Mahindra through on campus. But after passing B.Tech in last 6 months they did not give me joining. in the mean time, CTS ( Cognizant) scheduled an Off Campus drive in Kolkata and i got selected. They have given me joining in Chennai, Tamilnadu on 27th January,2014. i got Testing as my training domain. They told us, after completion of a 2.5 months training, we will relocated to other location. i gave my preferred location as Chennai. After doing training for 1 week, yesterday i got joining letter from tech Mahindra and found their location is Kolkata!! (my home town). and it's on 24thFebruary,2014. I am getting so much confused and can't decide whether i should do. The work culture of Cognizant satisfied me , but as I am in Chennai, lots of money are wasting for my food and lodging. my parents want Tech Mahindra and i want Kolkata but not want to leave Cognizant,as I heard it is far better than tech Mahindra. Both ae giving almost same salary. But, if I am in Kolkata, I can save a lot. Friend, please please tell me what to do.

12th August 2014, 11:32 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Which one to select between Cognizant and Tech Mahindra?

Probably the best option to select now would be Tech Mahindra if you have not signed any bond with Cognizant. Yes, you might have experienced that Cognizant is good place to work but it wont' major different than Tech Mahindra as it's again works in the same services domain.

For freshers the first 2 years work in software field is just to gain experience. What makes your career getting settled is what's the next company which you jump in. You need to make sure that you will work hard in the initial years of your work be it Cognizant or Tech Mahindra it's not going to make a difference because it all depends on which project you are going to put in.

So, since there is no major difference between two and Tech Mahindra will give you the advatage of hometown then you can very well leave Cognizant and join in Tech Mahindra as you said you will be able to save a lot in Tech Mahindra when compared to Cognizant. Probably you can tell the reason why you want to leave the company as you got an offer in your hometown with the same package then probably Cognizant will try to work it out to change you to Kolkata itself It all depends on the time and luck.
4th November 2014, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which one to select between Cognizant and Tech Mahindra?

What is the difference between accenture and tech mahindra? I got placed in both? Which one is best b/with this? Am confused.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?