5th February 2015, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

What are the career opportunities for B.Tech Civil graduate?

Hi,

I am a b.tech civil graduate with a cgpa of 7.9 from ...i'd like to know how my cgpa will affect my placement during campus...do i have a chance with core companies in campus selection? I'd also like to know the options for higher studies..is Mba with civil a good choice?

7th February 2015, 10:56 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career opportunities for B.Tech Civil graduate?

You have a decent CGPA. So it will not be a problem during your campus placements. Most of the companies keep the eligibility bar as 6 or 6.5 CGPA, hence you will be eligible for most of the companies. Yes, you definitely have chance in the core companies but the top core companies in civil engineering in private sector value the academic background and shortlists students on the basis of academic background even for the written test. So you might not get shortlisted in them. However, you can get job in public sector core companies. The major recruiters are PSUs like :-

1. Coal India Limited
2. Indian Oil Corporation Limited
3. NTPC Limited
4. Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited
5. Steel Authority of India Limited
6. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
7. GAIL (India) Limited
8. National Aluminium Company Limited
9. NMDC Limited
10. Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
11. Oil India Limited
12. Bridge & Roof Company (India) Limited
13. Central Warehousing Corporation
14. Central Coalfields Limited
15. Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
16. Dredging Corporation of India Limited
17. Engineers India Limited

You can also get jobs in Indian Army,Navy,Air Force,Railways,Banks and Civil Services.
You have to qualify in the GATE exam to get a job in PSU or the written test conducted by PSU.You can also get job in army,navy,air force.RRB in railways,IBPS in baks and IAS and IPS in civil service sector.

You can do regular as well as part time courses after completing civil engineering.
Regular Courses include-
MTech
MBA
ICWA
Journalism
Mass Communication
M.Arch

Part time courses:-
Autocad
Piping Analysis
Interior Designing
Catia

MBA is a good option but it will be of different discipline. So if you have interest and comfortable, then it is a good choice especially if you can excel in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?