28th November 2010, 05:58 AM
rciv

What are the things that can be done after BE in Civil Engineering to improve the career?

hi i am a fresh graduate (BE., civil engineering) ,I want to know that whats the best thing a fresh civil engineering graduate can do right after the completion of the civil engineering course i mean things that are in demand for a civil engineer for eg ., softwares(apart from cadd, staad pro, revit,primavera,ppm&ms project as i have already done them) ,short term courses on a subject etc another imp thing is that i have done BE in INDIA and now i am in US(DELAWARE) with my husband ....so CAN YOU SUGGEST SOMETHING

Related Questions:
  1. What Qualities should I improve for facing Interviews? Where can I do my final year Civil Project? Things to be included in Resume?
  2. Career prospects for 27 years old PG engineering graduate?
  3. How to apply for Civil Engineering job in Dubai?
  4. Should I do Civil Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What should I do after completing B.Tech Civil Engineering?
  6. Career prospects after PG in Civil engineering with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering?
  7. What is Civil Engineering? What are the advantages and disadvantages of civil engineering?
  8. What should I select to become an IAS officer after passing 10th
  9. Best way to start a career for a candidate after completion of Diploma Automobile?
  10. What are the career opportunities available after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering? How can I apply for the course? -- [New]
  11. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  12. How to make my career in banking sector after passing B.E in Civil Engineering? What are the career prospects in banking sector?
  13. How to make my career in banking sector after passing B.E in civil engineering?
  14. How to do a career in civil engineering?
  15. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for civil engineering students in public sector? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  16. Best career options after BSc and civil engineering diploma?
  17. Career scope of Civil Engineering course for Girls?
  18. What I have to do to get a good job and to improve my career having completed B.Sc. Botany with 55%?
29th November 2010, 12:03 PM
raja jeganathan

Default Re: What are the things that can be done after BE in Civil Engineering to improve the career?

For CIVIL ENGINEERS the following course are important

do it during 4 year ,, for getting knowlege
AutoCAD (Drafting software most essential for all engineer around world)

Staad Pro(Structure design softwaremost popular around the world)

Civil 3d (Highway design software)

Primavera (most demandingProject Planning software in world)
15th December 2010, 07:55 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What are the things that can be done after BE in Civil Engineering to improve the career?

hello friend

you can do all the required short term courses in the span you get

as you are in US do some certificate courses there which will be helpful for your resume

and you can do some own projects and take some patents like if you have good ideas with you then you will warmly priveleged by that thing

all the best

~aditya~
9th February 2011, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the things that can be done after BE in Civil Engineering to improve the career?

plz tel couses apart from MBA and M.TECH...
22nd February 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

what are the course that is to be done after doing 4 yrs electronics & communication engineering
23rd February 2011, 07:19 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

things that can be done after BE in Civil Engineering to improve the career
For CIVIL ENGINEERS the following course are important
AutoCAD (Drafting software most essential for all engineer around world)
Staad Pro(Structure design softwaremost popular around the world)
Civil 3d (Highway design software)
Primavera (most demandingProject Planning software in world)
as you are in US do some certificate courses there which will be helpful for your resume
and you can do some own projects and take some patents like if you have good ideas with you

good luck.
28th February 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

I'm fresh graduate in Civil Engineering (Corosspondence) and not proficient in design n all activity is to be done in the industry.Pl suggest me what can i opt for getting all about knowledge and a good job.Should i go for Auto Cad, Stadd Pro etc.How these s/w importent for a fresher.Also let me know which one is better STAAD Pro. or Auto Cadd Civil 3D while my intrest to go in Road & Highways.Where is high sailery option is available.Pl reply me soon.
21st June 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

i am B.E.(civil) student.i want to get job in singapore for that what are the things i have to do?
14th July 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I'm Yin Yin who have graduated in Civil Engineering in Yangon, Myanmar. Can I get any scholarship in Singapore for M.Sc. Moreover I want to get online exam test for M.Sc Entrance. Which country can I get from? Please reply ASAP
20th August 2011, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

hey i m going to gradtuate in 2012 in b.e civil. what should i do in order to get some good job..! and what are the jobs oppertunities are available noe a days..???? reply asap..!
29th October 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

hi...i have done my graduation in civil engineer from india and recently i m in USA.......could u please suggest me any short term course.....!
31st October 2011, 07:30 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hi, i am a fresh graduate (BE., civil engineering) ,I want to know that whats the best thing a fresh civil engineering graduate can do right after the.
31st October 2011, 07:39 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
From the pyramids of Egypt to the international space station, civil
engineers have always faced the challenges of the future - advancing
civilization and building our quality of life. Today, the world is
undergoing vast changes -- the technological revolution, population
growth, environmental concerns, and more. All create unique
challenges for civil engineers of every specialty.
The next decades will be the most creative, demanding, and
rewarding of times for civil engineers, and now is the best time to find
the right career for you. Civil engineers are in the forefront of
technology. They are the leading users of sophisticated high-tech
products - applying the very latest concepts in computer-aided design
(CAD) during design, construction, project scheduling, and cost
control.
Civil engineering is about community service, development,
and improvement -- the planning, design, construction, and
operation of facilities essential to modern life, ranging from
transit systems to offshore structures to space satellites. Civil
engineers are problem solvers, meeting the challenges of
pollution, traffic congestion, drinking water and energy needs,
urban redevelopment, and community planning.
Our future as a nation will be closely tied to space, energy, the environment, and our ability to
interact with and compete in the global economy. You, as a civil engineer, will perform a vital
role in linking these themes and improving quality of life for the 21st century.
As the technological revolution expands, as the world's
population increases, and as environmental concerns mount,
your skills will be needed. There is no limit to the personal
satisfaction you will feel from helping to make our world a better
place to live. Whatever area you choose, be it design,
construction, research, teaching, or management, civil
engineering offers you a wide range of career choices for your
OK,
5th January 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

does certificate is necessary of computer programing for getting job
6th June 2012, 03:25 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik41 View Post
Hi, i am a fresh graduate (BE., civil engineering) ,I want to know that whats the best thing a fresh civil engineering graduate can do right after the.

The selection of the course depends on your interest. Civil is a vast field and you can do lots of things after you BE like Autocad,Environmental engg,Irrigation engg,Roads etc

So first think what attracts you more and what you want to explore in more detail

best of luck
8th July 2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

other than M.E what are the other courses that are available after completing B.E civil engineering?
3rd May 2013, 04:05 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

I would suggest you to go for B.Tech.

You will become Civil Engineer and can job in MNC or govt with very good salary.

For taking admission in B.Tech, you must have done at least 3 years diploma after 10th in any branch of engineering.

Some colleges take admission through lateral entry exams like Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive exam, etc. so you need to appear and crack these exams. Some colleges conducted their own entrance exam for getting entry.

Admission procedure varies from college to college. So you will have to contact colleges individually.

All the best !!
8th May 2013, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

hi.. am done with my 2puc in science stream , am interested in drawing , should i go for civil engineering ???
after civil engineering , which are the short time course that i can do ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?