21st September 2018, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

For admission in Army School, parent of a candidate must be in a Defence Service?

Hello, I am an employee of a Public Sector Bank. I live in Delhi and have a son of age 4 years. I want to know about the admission in Army School in Delhi. I have heard that for admission parents of that candidate must be in Defence Service. So, is it true?

23rd September 2018, 12:15 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For admission in Army School, parent of a candidate must be in a Defence Service?

No, it is not compulsory to have father in government employee or Defence service to get admission in Indian Army.

Candidate must have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination for selection in the Army school.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in std 6th.

Yes, there is relaxation for ward of Defence employee.
23rd September 2018, 07:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For admission in Army School, parent of a candidate must be in a Defence Service?

Army Public Schools is run by Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), and most of the seats are reserved only for those who belong to Armed forces family. Hence, it will be difficult to get admission, if you are not from an Armed forces family.

There may be few seats available for outsiders and admission is mainly on merit, which makes it difficult for anyone from other families.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?