1st March 2018, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

For admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya School, parent of a candidate must be in a Defence Service?

Hello, I am an employee of ICICI Bank. I live in Delhi and have a son of age 4 years. I want to know about the admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya School in Delhi. I have heard that for admission parents of that candidate must be in Defence Service. So, is it true?

Related Questions:
  1. When is the next KVS recruitment going to be announced? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Whether Kendriya Vidyalaya, Baripada is a Girl's school?
  3. How can I apply for CDS if I am interested in defence service? I am studying in 12th in Kendriya Vidyalaya
  4. List of top 10 CBSC schools in Jammu?
  5. Do we get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya school from other CBSE school in class 12th?
  6. Can I get admission in best Government School such as Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya and Kendriya Vidyalaya in 12th(Science) if got 9.2 CGPA in 10th?
  7. Possibility to get admission in 11th Science of Kendriya Vidyalaya School for 10th CBSE candidate?
  8. Can we take transfer to Kendriya Vidyalaya after passing 11th from another school?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria to become a teacher in a kendriya vidyalaya school?
  10. Possibility to get 11th Science admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Kailashahar for 10th CBSE candidate? -- [New]
  11. How many schools are there with CBSe pattern in Ahmednagar?
  12. How can I get admission to study 11th Commerce in Kendriya Vidyalaya School being a 10th CBSE student?
  13. What is the procedure to apply for teacher post in Kendriya Vidyalaya school? When there will be vacancy in the school?
  14. Can I get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya in 12th standard?
  15. Eligibility to get Intermediate admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for 10th Bihar Board candidate?
  16. Transfer from Kendriya Vidyalaya Raniket to Kendriya Vidyalaya Kashipur?
  17. Can I get admission in Science stream in Kendriya Vidyalaya School with 8.2 CGPA in 10th?
  18. Procedure to get admission in 12th CBSE school after passing 11 class in different school?
14th March 2018, 05:10 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: For admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya School, parent of a candidate must be in a Defence Service?

No, it is not at all true.

There are a number of rumors spreading in the market regarding the admission in the Kendriya Vidyalayas but they are not true.

If your child is competent enough and can fight the entrance test, he can get the admission otherwise not even if the parents are in defence services.
15th March 2018, 05:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya School, parent of a candidate must be in a Defence Service?

No it is not compulsory that only candidates of defence employee are eligible to get admission in the Kendriya Vidyalaya.

Candidates of any government employee ( mainly central government ) are eligible to get admission.

The admission is also not offered to all the candidates of central government employee.

Yes, it is tough to get admission in the school since you are working in a private bank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?