14th April 2019, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Admission in BSc after a gap of 5 years for 20 years old 12th NIOS Science candidate?

Hi everyone, I have studied 12th Science from NIOS Board. I have completed my study 5 years ago. After that I was doing part time job. Now I am 20 years old. I am interested to do BSc now. I am eligible for BSc admission?

15th April 2019, 04:15 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in BSc after a gap of 5 years for 20 years old 12th NIOS Science candidate?

Yes you are eligible to pursue Graduation from Science stream.
There is no issue regarding year gap.
You must have passed Intermediate or its equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks.
You can get admission directly as well as after clearing entrance test conducted by the university.
15th April 2019, 07:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in BSc after a gap of 5 years for 20 years old 12th NIOS Science candidate?

It will depend on the college or university where you are applying for admission. There is definitely an upper age limit for B.Sc degree course at most of the colleges and you have to fulfil the age criteria.

If you have the age then surely you can apply for admission by providing the necessary reason for the gap period during the admission process. You just need documents to support your gap.
15th April 2019, 08:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, gap year is no bar to pursue general course in bachelor degree.

So, you are eligible to get admission in B.Sc course after 12th from NIOS. It is a recognised board.

The admission procedure varies with institutes, so you can visit official website to get detail about admission procedure.
16th April 2019, 01:01 AM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I have studied 12th Science from NIOS Board. I have completed my study 5 years ago. After that I was doing part time job. Now I am 20 years old. I am interested to do BSc now. I am eligible for BSc admission?
Yes, you can do B.Sc course after a gap of 5 years. Most of the universities have their own age criteria so, it depends on which university you're preferred to get admission for B.Sc. You must have a valid reason for a 5 years gap. There is no age limit required for B.Sc through distance. Top Universities which provides the Distance Education are,

University of Mumbai
Address: Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma Bhavan, Kolivery Village,
University of Mumbai,Vidya Nagari, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098
Phone: 022 2652 3048

Neta ji Subhas University
Address: Netaji Subhas Open University 1,
Woodburn Park, Kolkata-70002

University of Delhi(SOL).
Address: 5 Cavalry Lines University of Delhi,
New Delhi, Delhi 110007
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?