25th May 2016, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NDA exam with 52.15% in Higher Secondary and 66% in Madhyamik of West Bengal Board?

Sir,
My name is Purbayan Banerjee, I am passout in Higher Secondary under West Bengal Board in Pure Science stream,.I have got 52.15% in Higher Secondary exam and 66% in Madhyamik Secondary exam. Am I eligible to appear in NDA exam?

26th May 2016, 06:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NDA exam with 52.15% in Higher Secondary and 66% in Madhyamik of West Bengal Board?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in NDA Examination:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in NDA (National Defence Academy) Entrance Examination being a 12th Class candidate. The minimum educational qualification required to join NDA is given below.

> Minimum Criteria:

You must have successfully passed "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern. There it is clearly mentioned that 12th Class PASS is required. There is no point of percentage secured in 12th Class. As I think there is no such percentage criteria required and you have successfully completed 12th Class, I am sure you are eligible to appear in NDA Examination.

26th May 2016, 08:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NDA exam with 52.15% in Higher Secondary and 66% in Madhyamik of West Bengal Board?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination after completion of your Higher Secondary with an aggregate of 52.15% marks from West Bengal board. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have passed 12th standard/ Higher Secondary from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

26th May 2016, 08:31 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your Higher Secondary with 52% marks and Madhyamik Secondary with 66% marks. You are interested to apply for NDA exam. Yes, definitely you are eligibile for this exam. Following are the eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

Educational qualification: Student must pass 12th standard from a recognized state board or university. The students who are appearing in the 12th class are also eligible to apply. It does not matter how much percentage you score in 12th standard.

Age Limit: 16 t0 19 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of written exam followed by interview (SSB).

>>If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc then you can go through the detailed advertisement of NDA exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA notification.pdf(1.37 MB, 26 views)

26th May 2016, 08:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There isn't any percentage criteria for NDA exam according to notification by UPSC. You just need class 12th qualification with pass marks to become eligible for this exam.

Also, make sure that you are an unmarried male with age between 16.5 to 19 years. Selection will be on the basis of performance in written exam and SSB interview.

26th May 2016, 09:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy. The eligibility criteria for NDA/NA exam:

*Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board. Only passing percentage of marks is required for appearing for this exam. You can apply for this exam with 52.15% marks in Higher Secondary exam.

*Age limit for NDA exam: 16.5-19.5 years.

*Marital status: Unmarried.

*Female candidate can not apply for exam.

27th May 2016, 01:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for NDA exam after having scored the above mentioned marks in 10th and 12th boards as the minimum eligibility requirement in order to be eligible to appear for NDA examination is that a candidate should have completed his 12th boards with from a recognized board.

27th May 2016, 05:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that you are definitely eligible to appear in NDA examination with 52.15% in your Higher Secondary examination.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board.
Candidates age must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years old.
Candidates must be an unmarried male.
Candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards of UPSC NDA Examination.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?