13th November 2017, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of course from National Institution of Open Schooling?

Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of the course from National Institution of Open Schooling? Can someone give me the right details on the same? What are the minimum criteria needed to apply? Awaiting to get the response.

15th November 2017, 10:31 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of course from National Institution of Open Schooling?

Yes you are certainly eligible for getting jobs in Indian Navy and Indian Air force even at post of officers as the body conducting entrance examination for same i.e; UPSC accepts the degree from NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) which is one of the three national board of education in India.

As you have not mentioned any thing regarding your qualifications so it is not possible to provide you all details regarding your concerned entry in Indian Navy and Indian Air force.

Further to check your eligibility for different entries in Indian Navy and Indian Air force and their respective recruitment procedure you can log on to the links provided here www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and www.careerairforce.nic.in .
15th November 2017, 11:56 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of course from National Institution of Open Schooling?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination for recruitment in defence service after pursuing from NIOS.

NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) is a recognised board under the ministry of Human Resource Development and the certificate of the board is valid to appear in entrance examination for higher admission or to get recruitment in jobs.
15th November 2017, 12:45 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of the course from National Institution of Open Schooling? Can someone give me the right details on the same? What are the minimum criteria needed to apply? Awaiting to get the response.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of course from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). National Institute of Open Schooling is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The NIOS certificates are equivalent to any other Board certificate in India. Therefore, you are eligible to apply for the Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of NIOS. You have to qualify other tests like, written test and physical endurance test to get a job in the Navy or Air Force. You can find the details on the NIOS website given Click Here
15th November 2017, 12:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is recognized board of India since it is an autonomous body under Ministry of Human Resource Department. Any board certificate is valid for government job entrance exams if it is approved by HRD and Government of India.

NIOS 10+2 passed candidates can apply for NDA/NA exam for getting job in Navy and Air Force. The age limit for National Defence Academy is 16.5-19.5 years. You should have studied science stream for Navy and Air Force.
15th November 2017, 12:58 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of your
12th standard from NIOS Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Navy and Air Force jobs. You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years, should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Navy and Air Force jobs.
15th November 2017, 01:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NDA, CDS and other entrance examination conducted for recruitment in defence service.

Candidates passed from NIOS ( a recognised board under MHRD ) are eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted for recruitment in jobs as well as for admission in higher studies.

To get application form for NDA examination visit at official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2017, 02:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of National Institute of Open Schooling certificate you are eligible to join Indian Navy or Indian Air Force.
National Institute of Open Schooling certificates are valid and recognised, and the certificates are accepted by all the colleges.
To join Indian Air Force or Indian Navy one must have to appear in the NDA examination and also UPSC recognised is NIOS certificate hence you are eligible.
15th November 2017, 04:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of course from National Institution of Open Schooling. For that you have to appear for NDA exam conducted by UPSC.

NDA exam is conducted twice a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II. The candidate has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC to join any of the three defense wings.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.

-The selection process involves of

* Written Examination,and

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board(SSB).
15th November 2017, 04:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th with NIOS.

The required eligibility to appear in examination for recruitment in Indian Navy and Air Force is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main paper.

The age limit varies with different entry.

So, you can appear in various examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment.
15th November 2017, 05:22 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force after completing education with NIOS board. But your school must be recognized otherwise you are unable for this post.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must have passed Intermediate from a recognized school or university.
Candidate must have from science stream.
Candidate age should be 16.5 years to 19 years.
Candidate must have secured at least 60% aggregate in intermediate.
Candidate should be unmarried.
Candidate should be a citizen of India.
15th November 2017, 05:32 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

National Institute of Open Schooling 10th and 10+2 passed candidates are eligible for National Defence Academy entrance examination for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. The other criteria for NDA exam:

The age criteria is 16.5-19.5 years. No female candidates can apply for this exam.

The stages of this exam are:

Written Test.

Service Selection board.

Those who clear both stage become eligible for Navy and Air Force job.
15th November 2017, 05:40 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognized board of India. NIOS candidates can apply for defence related entrance exams like NDA exam.

The subjects necessary for NDA exam is Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The age criteria is 16.5-19.5 years.
15th November 2017, 09:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Navy and Air Force job opportunities after successful completion of courses from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). Basically there is a certain educational qualification that is required in order to be eligible.

>> Candidates who are done with 12th Class can appear in NDA Examination through which they can join Indian Navy, Indian Army and Air Force Wings.

>> You must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern to be eligible for appearing NDA Entrance Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> As NIOS is a recognized university, I can certainly say that courses done from National Institute of Open Schooling are certainly eligible for getting jobs in Indian Navy and Air Force.

>> Minimum age required for appearing in NDA Exam is 16.5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years in order to be eligible.
15th November 2017, 10:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs even if you have passed the course from National Institute of Open Schooling. For joining in Navy and Air Force, you have to apply for NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy and Air Force is specified below :-

--> You should be an Indian National.

--> You should have passed 12th standard examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

--> You should be at least 16.5 years of age and not more than 19.5 years.

--> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

--> You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in UPSC NDA examination.
15th November 2017, 11:53 PM
ashfaquekhan316

Yes, you can very much for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of your studies from NIOS board, there is no such problem in it.

NIOS is a very much recognized board and is valid throughout, so you do not need to worry about it, just try to score as well as possible and I am sure you will get admission once you fulfill the minimum eligible criteria.

The minimum criteria is that the candidate should have completed their 12th boards with science stream and should try to score at least a minimum of 60% in aggregrate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?