14th November 2015, 07:22 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a police after completion of B.Com from open school?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed B.Com in a open school. can i eligible for a police officer.? can i write the civils exams.? What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked? Is the students from open schools are allowed? Can someone please confirm me back on this?

Thank you.

14th November 2015, 08:38 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a police after completion of B.Com from open school?

Yes, you are eligible to become police officer after completion of B.Com from open school.
Yes, you can appear in Civil exams.

Eligibility Criteria :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is also there as per government norms.
14th November 2015, 09:54 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a police after completion of B.Com from open school?

Police service is the best for any student who want to serve their country while earning money.
There are various level at which a student can join police service such as from IPS to a guard services.
The premier police service of India is IPS.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service, conducted by UPSC every year.
Then after comes the state police service(SPC).
Students need to qualify written and interview to join in any state police service.
Recruitment in state police is made at the post of Assistant Sub-Inspector, Sub-Inspector and Inspector of police.

Students have right to chose any of the examination to make their career through any examination.
Also, Indian Police Service has various central agencies such as Border Security Force, National Security Guard , Railway Protection Force and others.
14th November 2015, 01:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, open school graduates are accepted everywhere and you just have to make sure that you have got the degree from a recognized university. For civil services exam you need graduation from any recognized university with pass marks.

Distance mode or open school candidates are eligible provided they have completed the course from a recognized university.
14th November 2015, 05:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, obviously, you will be eligible to become a police after completion of B.Com from open school.

Being a graduate, you can write civil exams.

The eligibility criteria required to become a Police Inspector are as under:-

-The candidate must have a citizenship of India.

-The candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-The selection process consists of written exam and physical test.

-The written exam is for

*General Knowledge

*General Awareness

*Reasoning Ability

*Maths.
14th November 2015, 08:39 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed B.Com in a open school. can i eligible for a police officer.? can i write the civils exams.? What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked? Is the students from open schools are allowed? Can someone please confirm me back on this?

Thank you.
Yeah you can become a Police officer after completion of B.com course. The procedure for joining in that post is that you should write the entrance exam for it conducted by UPSC. The exam is IPS (Indian Police Service) and is held every year. The criteria's which you need to satisfy are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed for general category candidates is 21-30 years and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

# Regarding the educational qualification needed, candidate need to have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

Having completed B.com you are satisfying the educational qualification needed, check whether you satisfy the other needed criteria's also.

To know more information regarding the exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Candidates are selected through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview
14th November 2015, 09:31 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Thank you.
If your university is recognized by UGC then you are eligible to appear in the Civil Service Examination. Since, you are interested to in Police Service so you can apply for Indian Police Service (IPS) through the Civil Service Commission. Graduation is the minimum educational qualification to be eligible for Civil Service exams.

IPS Eligibility Criteria:

- Applicants must have Bachelor degree from a recognized university and final year students are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for reserved category students.
- Applicants should be physically and Medical fit.
- Three years for OBC candidates.
- Five years for SC/ST candidates.
22nd March 2020, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir With my family problems I have stopped my studies at 10 and now iam continuing my bcom on 10th baced
If I am eligible to any job in police department
I think I receive positive response from u
Thank you sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?