26th September 2015, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Is American High School Diploma recognized for studying in IIT?

Hi,

I would like to know if a high school diploma from US is recognized by IIT. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in IIT after passing diploma?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  3. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  4. Information about Diploma in Firefighter man after high school?
  5. How may I know about the SSC exam centre in Mumbai?
  6. Is it possible to appear for IIT-JEE with 58% in High school?
  7. Which IIT will be the best for studying MSc Chemistry? Which are the best IITs for studying PG course?How is I.A.C.S(Cultivation of Science in Kolkata)? Ranking of Hyderabad School of Chemistry, Banaras Hindi and Calcutta University?
  8. How to do B.Tech in IIT college after studying diploma EEE 3rd year?
  9. Am I eligible to give Punjab PMT after studying 12th from recognized school in Delhi?
  10. Can I get admission in other high standard school after studying 11th?
  11. Detailed list of schools with no school fee or other expenses like Amravati school in Ahmadabad?
  12. Will there be a problem if I am not 17 years old when giving the 12th exam from CBSE board?
  13. Can I do diploma in civil engineering from IGNOU in Riyadh after passing high school?
  14. Is it possible to directly go for Medical after 10th? What is the procedure for it?
  15. How to manage between IIT coaching and school studies?
  16. Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  17. How to get admission in lateral entry IIT while studying diploma
  18. What are the benefits of studying in an IIT? Details of various IIT courses? Duration of the courses? What other options can I choose? -- [Most Discussed]
27th September 2015, 06:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is American High School Diploma recognized for studying in IIT?

You should be 12th pass with physics, chemistry and maths to become eligible for IIT entrance exam. Diploma holders are not eligible for admission because there is no lateral entry scheme in IITs for direct 2nd year admission.

Therefore, you must complete 12th from a recognized board of education in India to become eligible for JEE main exam for admission in IITs.
28th September 2015, 03:49 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is American High School Diploma recognized for studying in IIT?

I am sorry to say you that your qualification is not sufficient for IIT level. A candidate should have passed class 12th from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject to be eligible for the same. Diploma holders are not eligible for the entrance examination for the IIT. So, you must have to pass class 12th first to be eligible for the IIT entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?