31st May 2015, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech graduate eligible for school teaching posts?

After doing B.Tech, if someone wants to pursue a job of a teacher in a school, is there any rule which prohibits doing so? Can you please provide me the information about the eligibility criteria which is followed for becoming school teacher?

31st May 2015, 04:58 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Tech graduate eligible for school teaching posts?

No dear it is not possible to become a School teacher with B.Tech as your qualification. Since Professional degree courses students are not eligible to apply for " School Teacher ".

To become a school teacher you should have below requirements needed. Among these one of the most important eligibility is " Any candidates who have completed their graduation courses in B.A/B.SC/B.Com are only eligible for the post of School teacher "

In addition to this you must have completed B.Ed ( Bachelor's degree in Education) from the affiliated college/University.

For Classes I to V :

You need to complete 10+2 from the recognized board with Diploma in Education from the recognized board.

For Classes VI to X :

You must have a graduation degree with Bachelor's degree in Education from the recognized board.
31st May 2015, 09:35 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

B.Tech stands for BAchelor in Technology is a four year technical course.
Students with technical degree are not allowed to become a teacher to teach students in schools.
To become teacher in school, students must have completed graduate courses such as B.Sc,B.A,B.Com etc.
Along with above mentioned degree B.Ed degree is compulsory to become teacher in any school.
Students need to qualify in TET(Teachers Eligibility Test) to become a teacher in school.
TET is conducted for two levels
-Primary level(For I-V)
-Elementary level(VI-VIII).
Candidate can appear according to their choice.

After B.Tech , if a student wish to teach students then they can go for NET(National Eligibility Test) after complting Master's degree to become Lecturer/Assistant Professor.
30th April 2016, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

I AM B.TECH GRADUTES WITH MATHEMATICS BACKGROUND IN INTERMEDIATE AND ENGINEERING COURSE AND PASSED B.ED DEGREE.IN B.ED COURSE, MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE IS MY OPTIONAL AND COMPULSORY SUBJECT . AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE POST OF MATHEMATICS TEACHER IN HIGH SCHOOL COLLEGE.
9th February 2017, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a B.A hons. Political science student . I want to know that after completing my b.a hons. Political science. I can become a government school teacher or not.
23rd March 2017, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

For TTC entrance test what is the pattern and what knowledge we require
9th October 2017, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

I AM B.TECH GRADUATES WITH MATHEMATICS BACKGROUND IN INTERMEDIATE AND ENGINEERING COURSE, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE POST OF MATHEMATICS TEACHER IN HIGH SCHOOL COLLEGE.
23rd October 2017, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir, I have completed B.Tech (CSE) and B.Ed with Maths ans Physics as methodologies.Am i eligible for School assistant (DSC) posts which released recently.

Please reply.
24th August 2018, 06:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am graduated with chemistry ,botany, and microbiology subjects and post graduation with botany. M I eligible for kvs pgt biology exam?
20th December 2018, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am B.Tech student from Civil engineering branch and pursuing B.Ed At RIE bhopal with Science and Maths subject. Am I eligible for the Post of KVS/JNV (TGT). I am too confused.
31st July 2019, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Is a BTech electronic student eligible for the post of TGT-mathematics in Navodaya Schools or kvs?
17th February 2020, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

I am a BE graduate. Am I eligible to teach in school or college...
31st May 2020, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Pham graduate eligible for school teacher
20th August 2020, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done btech mechanical...I wants to go in teaching line ...so I wants to do post graduation ...in that case in which course I can took admission for Pvt??
22nd August 2020, 04:50 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Is B.Tech graduate eligible for school teaching posts?

Yes you can do B. Ed after B. Tech. Candidates are required to have a degree from a recognized college with a minimum of 50% marks.

An engineer can become a school teacher. after pursuing engineering course you can do a bachelor's in education course which makes you eligible as a science teacher for classes 6 to 10. If you have a bachelor in electronics ,then you can also apply for the post of work experience teachers in some schools like kvs.
1st September 2020, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

In Rajasthan REET is also consider b.tech as a graduation ? I am b.tech and masters in electronics and then b.ed in maths n physics. May I eligible for reet ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?