22nd June 2016, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to prepare one year for JEE Main after 12th? How many hours should I study in a day?

Hello sir,
I was appeared in JEE Main as a 12th appearing candidate but unfortunately can't qualify. Now I want to prepare for JEE Main one year instead of getting admission in Engineering. How many hours should I study in a day?

23rd June 2016, 06:02 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to prepare one year for JEE Main after 12th? How many hours should I study in a day?

Yes, it is always beneficial provided how serious your are towards your studies. The duration of your study depends upon your own intelligence. If you feel you are weak in any subject, then you should probably provide some more time towards your studies.

However, in general you should try to devote atleast a minimum of 4-6 on a regular basis in order to get really good scores in your entrance examination and to get admission in top ranking colleges.
23rd June 2016, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to prepare one year for JEE Main after 12th? How many hours should I study in a day?

It depends on you to decide what kind of study pattern is useful to you. In would be better if you have proper guidance with a discipline approach towards preparation. You can't prepare without any proper guidance.

Get the right study material and if possible take some tips from those who have cracked this exam already. Dropping one year would be risky. Hence, it would be better to take admission in a degree course and prepare for JEE main side by side.
24th June 2016, 11:47 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If your goal is to get admission in NIT or IIT then, it is mandatory to crack JEE Main examination. You have mentioned in your query that, you have already attempted JEE Main examination and didn't qualify, that means you have two more chances to appear in JEE Main examination and one chance to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

To crack JEE Main examination, you must have to study at least 8 hours a day. To prepare for JEE Main examination, first you need to have good knowledge about the concept. Once, you have understood the concept, you can solve any type of questions and problems related to it. So, I suggest you to spend your one year of valuable time in a proper manner for preparing JEE Main examination as I said above, so, that you can crack JEE Main examination.
24th June 2016, 01:47 PM
kavya bv
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,
I was appeared in JEE Main as a 12th appearing candidate but unfortunately can't qualify. Now I want to prepare for JEE Main one year instead of getting admission in Engineering. How many hours should I study in a day?
There are chances to qualify in jee exam next year, if you work hard with patience & concentration even you haven't get qualified this year .. But you hav to dedicate your valuable time for your goal...first you have to pick the mistakes you hav done before...You have to take coaching in concepts ,chapters of any subject definitely....Coming to preparation,a students should prepare for 14 hrs a day compulsory as u failed in before attempt with out any negligence..And attempting pacticetests,mock tests play a prominent role for u in attempting jee exam.....
24th June 2016, 02:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

It is beneficial to prepare for Joint Entrance Examination for one year after 10+2 in order to get good rank for admission in government engineering colleges. You can do self study or join any good coaching institute for better preparation for one year.

*You can study 7-8 hours everyday that would be enough to excel in this exam but quality of study should be there. It should not be that you just sit with books for 8 hours, intelligent hard work is required to clear this exam.

*Practice is key to secure better marks in this exam.
24th June 2016, 04:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely it is very much beneficial for a candidate to prepare for the JEE Main after the completion of class 12th. Most of the candidates cannot qualify JEE Main in first attempt while studying in class 12th as it is very tough to qualify. So, you can now prepare for JEE Main.
To score well in the examination, first of all try to make a proper time table to study. Fix some hours daily in which you will study. You must study for at least of 5 hours daily by your own.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?