15th August 2020, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the IPS exams on the NIOS marksheet?

Hello, I have done my schooling from NIOS Board. Now, I have completed my BCom(H) course. I would like to know that with the NIOS marksheet I can apply for the IPS exams? Please reply as soon as possible.

19th August 2020, 11:15 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the IPS exams on the NIOS marksheet?

Yes, You can apply for UPSC examination to become IPS with NIOS marksheet .

The certificate obtained from National Institute of Open schooling is valid for all government job entrance exams like UPSC exams, SSC exams, IB exams etc. NIOS board is recognized by Central government and Ministry of HRD for secondary and higher secondary board of education.
21st August 2020, 09:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a recognised board. So, with NIOS certificate you are eligible to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Examination is conducted in three stages. You have to appear and qualify in all stages of examination for final selection.

For more information about UPSC CSE examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd August 2020, 03:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer, one is required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed B.Com(H) degree course, you are certainly eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination as per the educational requirement for the same examination as Class 12th NIOS certificates are certainly valid for appearing in UPSC, SSC or any other examinations as NIOS is one of the only three national board of education other than CBSE and ICSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?