9th November 2020, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I get an MBBS admission if secure less than 60% in 12th standard?

I am a student of 12th standard with Nagaland State Board studying Science. I am preparing for Medical entrance exams. Can you tell me that if I score below 60% then also I am able for admission in MBBS program?

11th November 2020, 07:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get an MBBS admission if secure less than 60% in 12th standard?

NEET is conducted by NTA. It is conducted for admission in MBBS and other medical courses.

The common eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate.

So, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination if you score above 50% aggregate.
11th November 2020, 08:40 PM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Can I get an MBBS admission if secure less than 60% in 12th standard?

Yes, You can get an MBBS admission if you secure less than 60% in 12th standard.

To secure admission in government college you must have completed 12th with minimum aggregate of 60% but for private institution minimum aggregate required is 40%.
12th November 2020, 06:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree course in any college across India, a candidate has to qualify NEET-UG or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

Further, for appearing in the NEET-UG, a candidate is required to secure 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category) in PCB subject combination while for appearing in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, a candidates is required to managed 60% marks in aggregate (or 50% marks in case of SC/ST category candidates and 45% marks in case of PWD category candidates) in Class 12th with PCB combination from a recognized board of education.

So, even if you manage to secure less than 60% marks in your Class 12th, then you will still have opportunities as per the above criteria.
14th November 2020, 08:02 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Yes if you are interested in Mbbs, then you can prepare for its entrance.
Minimum % that is required is 50% or more...if a candidate has secured 50% marks in 10+2 then also he/ she is eligible for Mbbs..
What matters in Mbbs is it's entrance.
, And you must have opted subjects like physics chemistry and bio and have secured 50% in each.
In order to clear NEET , it's must to secure 50% and 40% for sc/st .
15th November 2020, 12:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NEET is conducted by NTA for admission in MBBS course. It is conducted every year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper.

The minimum aggregate to appear in the examination is 50% relaxation for reserved category.

So, you even if you will score less than 60% but more than 50% aggregate you can appear for NEET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?