22nd July 2016, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I register for CA-CPT after 10th? How can I register for it? Can I register it after 12th?

Hello sir, I am Akanksha and I want to study CA. I have currently passed 10th exam with good marks. Can I register for CPT after 10th? How can I register for it? Can I register it after 12th?

24th July 2016, 12:56 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I register for CA-CPT after 10th? How can I register for it? Can I register it after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am Akanksha and I want to study CA. I have currently passed 10th exam with good marks. Can I register for CPT after 10th? How can I register for it? Can I register it after 12th?

Yes, you can register for CA-CPT after 10th standard, but the eligibility to appear for Common Proficiency Test is 12th pass. So it is advisable to register after 12th only. The CPT examination will be held in June and December every year. A student can register on or before 1st April and 1st October; can appear for CPT in June and December respectively. So you can plan accordingly for registration. The website link is Click Here
24th July 2016, 02:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I register for CA-CPT after 10th? How can I register for it? Can I register it after 12th?

You can register for Common Proficiency Test after 10th board exams but you can appear for this exam only after passing 10+2. The minimum qualification to sit for CPT exam is 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

CPT is conducted by ICAI twice every year and you can register for CPT examination after 10th at official website of ICAI which is http://www.icai.org.. The best discipline for you in 10+2 board will be commerce stream as questions asked in CPT exam is from commerce stream subjects like accountancy, mercantile law and economics.
25th July 2016, 01:00 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have done 10th can register for Common Proficiency Test but aspirants of Chartered Accountancy can apply for this examination only after 10+2. Since you have passed your 10th, you can register for CPT examination at http://www.icai.org.

When you appear for 12th board exam after two years then only you can apply for CPT examination because Chartered Accountancy aspirants can apply for this test only after 10+2. This test is of objective type and consists of questions from disciplines like accountancy, mercantile law, economics and aptitude.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?