30th August 2020, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Can my brother pursue his Higher Secondary Commerce with Odisha Board if discontinued education around 8 years ago?

My brother discontinued his education around 8 years ago. Now, he wants to join Odisha Board for his Higher Secondary course. He wants to study Commerce. I just want to know whether my brother pursue this Commerce with the gap of 8 years?

31st August 2020, 10:42 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can my brother pursue his Higher Secondary Commerce with Odisha Board if discontinued education around 8 years ago?

Yes, He is eligible to pursue his higher secondary because there is no age limit applicable for higher secondary examination under Odisha Board .

He must have scored good marks in his matriculation examination and availability of seats in a particular school are only requirement to pursue higher secondary now.
31st August 2020, 04:32 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can my brother pursue his Higher Secondary Commerce with Odisha Board if discontinued education around 8 years ago?

First thing I would like to mention here is that to pursue higher secondary school degree course, the minimum education required is a Class 10th i.e; Matriculation from a recognized board of education.

Further,your brother can get admission in any higher secondary school to pursue intermediate degree course in commerce even after 8 years of gap if he has completed his matriculation as gap does not matter while going for admission to any academic degree course.
2nd September 2020, 12:23 AM
My true support

As per the Education guidelines your brother cannot pursue higher secondary education with commerce from any recognised board but you can prepare externally with commerce by taking coaching and extra education and you can compete exam which allows drop year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?