14th September 2020, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Commerce or Science, which is to study in HS to become an Indian Statistical Service Officer?

Hello Sir/Madam, I want to become an Indian Statistical Service Officer. I am studying in 9th standard of Maharashtra Board. My sister is taking Commerce in 11th standard. But I have heard that I have to take Commerce for this. I don’t understand why? So, I want to know which I study Commerce or Science?

15th September 2020, 02:57 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce or Science, which is to study in HS to become an Indian Statistical Service Officer?

Candidate can go with any one as accordance to your convenient and interest.

Candidate must have obtained a Bachelors Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognized board or university to be eligible for ISS post.
15th September 2020, 02:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce or Science, which is to study in HS to become an Indian Statistical Service Officer?

••• Candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor's degree with statistics / mathematical statistics / applied statistics as one of the subject or a master's degree in statistics/mathematical statistics or applied mathematics.

It would be better for you to choose commerce stream with mathematics as a mandatory subject.
Because it will help you to seek admission in bachelor degree in statistics.
15th September 2020, 03:58 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

••• You can choose either science or commerce depending upon your interest. However, Mathematics is a compulsory subject that should be studied by you in 11th and 12th.
After passing 12th, you should join BSc Honours in Statistics.

••• In order to join Indian statistical services, a candidate should have degree in in statistics/applied mathematics.
15th September 2020, 06:03 PM
My true support

You should go with commerce to become an indian statistical service officer as the it should be easier for you go have knowledge of Question and you can be easily get selected for it as you must know that you can also go with science to apply for it but with science you have to work hard so it depends on you in which subject you have better knowledge and have potential to clear the exam.
15th September 2020, 07:09 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is compulsory subjected to become an Indian Statistical Service officer.
You can choose either science or commerce but mathematics should be one of the subject.
After 12th you can join BSc Honours in Statistical.
15th September 2020, 07:36 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Indian statistical service (ISS):

> The candidates must have obtained a bachelor's degree with statistics / mathematical statistics / applied statistics as one of the subjects

OR

The should hold a master's degree in statistics / mathematical statistics / applied statistics from a recognised University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?