17th February 2023, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Demerits of 1 year gap after class 11 for class 12 board and mains preparation?

I am a student of class 12 and my stream is PCM and I have to drop one year for class 12 boards and jee mains preparation. Can I know the demerits of dropping one year on my future career and my job .

17th February 2023, 11:46 PM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Demerits of 1 year gap after class 11 for class 12 board and mains preparation?

Dropping a year can have both advantages and disadvantages, and it largely depends on how you use the time.

Here are some potential demerits of dropping a year for class 12 boards and JEE mains preparation:

Delay in Career: Dropping a year can cause a delay in your academic and career progression. It may also affect your job prospects if you are planning to start working after graduation.

Financial Loss: Continuing your education for another year can also cause financial losses. You will need to pay for another year of education and potentially lose a year of income if you are planning to start working after graduation.

Social Isolation: Dropping a year can lead to social isolation, as you may not be able to connect with your peers and colleagues as easily.

Reduced Motivation: Taking a gap year can reduce your motivation to continue your studies, and it may be difficult to get back into the academic routine after a year away.

Increased Competition: You will be competing with a new group of students who have just finished their class 12 boards and are now preparing for the JEE mains exam.

However, dropping a year can also have some benefits. It can give you more time to prepare for the JEE exam, which can increase your chances of getting a good score and admission to your preferred college. It can also give you an opportunity to explore other interests and skills that can add value to your future career. Ultimately, the decision to drop a year should be based on your personal goals and circumstances.
30th June 2023, 06:18 PM
Ar_pit

Default Re: Demerits of 1 year gap after class 11 for class 12 board and mains preparation?

It is completely your decision whether to take a drop or not. Many students who are determined for a certain degree have been seen taking drop 3-4 times and then getting their dream course . But this is not true with everyone. If you have options that it is not important to be in certain profession, then you can change the course you were preparing for .

A gap due to drop affects the candidate every time till he/she gets the seat. There is a feeling that all my known ones have got a seat and I am studying to get admission. The hopes of parents and not able to fulfill them along with your dreams can lead to depression. These happen with almost every dropper. But then encouragement , and motivating speeches and quotes help you to get over these feelings and work again .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?