13th January 2018, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study MBBS? Any issues with NIOS board?

I have studied from 10th class Andhra Pradesh. After that I completed 12th class science PCMB only in NIOS. Now am I eligible for MCI? I want to study MBBS. Am I eligible or not? Please reply me. I never study 11th. I complete 12th NIOS only. Please reply me. My gmail [email protected].

13th January 2018, 07:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MBBS? Any issues with NIOS board?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue MBBS course:

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to pursue MBBS course. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for pursuing MBBS course with the above mentioned qualification.

>> You must have completed both 11th and 12th classes separately in order to be eligible.

>> As you are not done with 11th Class, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue MBBS course.

>> In general, courses that are pursued from National Institute of Open Schooling are recognized. But, since you have not studied 11th class and directly get into 12th class I can say that you may not be eligible to pursue this MBBS course from Medical Council of India recognized universities.
13th January 2018, 09:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to take admission in MBBS course after passing your 12th standard from NIOS board.
NIOS certificate has equal value as of any other board so you are eligible.
13th January 2018, 09:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for MBBS entrance for NIOS students:

Candidate must have studied physics, chemistry, Biology and English in his or her 12th class.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in 12th standard.
Age of candidate must be more than 17 years.
So, you are eligible.
14th January 2018, 12:04 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to study MBBS you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your 12th standard with PCB subjects and should have scored minimum 50% marks from a recognize board.

> Your age should be in minimum 17 years

Yes, you can apply for MBBS if you have completed your 12th from NIOS board. The board is recognized by the government and so, the certificates received from here are also valid.
14th January 2018, 11:51 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have studied from 10th class Andhra Pradesh. After that I completed 12th class science PCMB only in NIOS. Now am I eligible for MCI? I want to study MBBS. Am I eligible or not? Please reply me. I never study 11th. I complete 12th NIOS only. Please reply me. My gmail [email protected].

Eligibility to study the MBBS is a pass in 10+2 or equivalent examinations with 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects from a recognized board. Candidates have to clear the NEET for getting admission to the MBBS course. The minimum age limit for NEET is 17 years. NIOS students are also eligible to apply for the MBBS admission. NIOS is also considered equivalent to other boards like state board or CBSE. Candidates are admitted to the MBBS course based on their performance in the NEET.
14th January 2018, 03:24 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

Below, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to appear for MBBS examination, kindly have a look at it:

> Candidate must have passed +2 level of exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as their compulsory subjects

> Candidates who are appearing for the +2 level of exam are also eligible for the test.

> Minimum percentage required in +2 examination varies from Institutes to Institutes, however, in most cases a minimum of 50% marks is considered

> The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years at the the time of applying for the examination.

No, there is no such issue with NIOS board, you can very much appear for MBBS entrance test if you have cleared your 12th board examination with NIOS.
14th January 2018, 07:16 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for MBBS:-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from any recognized board.

Candidate's minimum age mus be 17 years.

Candidate must have scored at least 60% aggregate in 12th examination. 50% aggregate are required for SC/ST/OPH candidates.

Candidates must have qualified NEET.

Certificate of 12th from NIOS board do not create any issues. NIOS board is also a recognized board by the Government of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?