20th October 2018, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Assistant Commissioner of Police for 12th Science student?

I want to join Police department and become an Assistant Commissioner of Police. Right now, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. But after completing my 12th, kindly let me know how I can join and become an Assistant Commissioner of Police? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

22nd October 2018, 02:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Assistant Commissioner of Police for 12th Science student?

Procedure to become Assistant Commissioner of Police:

Assistant commissioner of police is the post given to a police officer of the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police or assistant superintendent of police. One can become a DSP in two ways.
One can write the state civil services examination conducted by the state public service commission, get good rank in it and become a DSP.
In another way, one can appear in the sub inspector examination conducted by the state police recruitment board, get good rank there and become SI.
He or she will be promoted to the rank of DSP by the end of their career. Assistant supritendent police is the first posting given to an IPS officer after completing training. One can become an IPS officer by getting good rank in civil service examination conducted by the UPSC.
22nd October 2018, 09:24 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Assistant Commissioner of Police for 12th Science student?

To become the Commissioner of Police for it state you must be an IPS officer. So you must clear UPSC civil service examination first. Once you have become an IPS officer you have to climb up the ranks to reach the post of Director of police / Commissioner of Police.
22nd October 2018, 09:52 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an assistant commissioner of police for 12th science student:-

The aspirant has to study graduation after 12th standard in any stream. After graduation you have to appear for UPSC examination( IPS )

The UPSC examination consists of preliminary examination, Mains examination, interview.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is a graduation from a recognised University.
The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate . For OBC 35 years and for SC / ST 37 years.

After clearing the IPS examination you will be appointed as assistant commissioner of police.

UPSC website link is given
http://www.upsc.gov.in /.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?