6th August 2019, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

How to study BTech in IIT for a 12th Science student?

I want to study BTech in IIT. Right now, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream inOdisha Board. But after completing my 12th, kindly let me know how I can I study BTech in IIT? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

10th August 2019, 09:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study BTech in IIT for a 12th Science student?

Being a student of Class 12th with Science stream, to pursue B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology ) degree course from any IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ), you are required to qualify JEE.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by NTA ( National Testing Agency ) once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced. Further, for getting admitted to IIT for pursuing degree course in engineering, you are required to qualify both stages of JEE.

For detailed information regarding JEE Eligibility and updates regarding the upcoming JEE, you can refer to its official link www.jeemain.nic.in.
10th August 2019, 09:45 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IIT is a premier institute of India for technical courses.

The admission in the B.Tech course is conducted only after qualifying in JEE ( Main and Advance ).

So, you will have to apply for the examination, appear in it and qualify in both stages to get admission in IIT in B.Tech course.

Examination is conducted by NTA twice in a year.
12th August 2019, 12:48 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For admission in IIT, candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced stage.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for the board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE Main to become eligible to appear in Advanced stage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?