22nd July 2016, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for taking admission in CA-CPT?

Hello sir, I have just completed 12th with good marks. But I don't have Mathematics in 12th. Can I register for CA CPT exam? Is it possible then re[py me soon?

Related Questions:
  1. In 12th which subjects are compulsory for taking admission for BSc Agriculture -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is Mathematics compulsory to get admission in B.Sc Physics honors at University of Delhi for PCB student? -- [New]
  3. Can I get admission in IISER through 12th board exams? Is Mathematics compulsory?
  4. Should I take MCA or MSc IT? I am a B.Com graduate
  5. How to do CA course after completion of 10th Class in Pakistan?
  6. Is Maths compulsory to study in 12th class for appearing in AIMCET?
  7. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Mathematics) in IGNOU if secured 76.88% in 12th PSEB and 66% in Mathematics? Fee expenses and documents required to submit?
  8. What is the procedure of CPT entrance exam?
  9. Is mathematics compulsory to include in top four subjects(like English) while calculating aggregate required in St. Xavier College,Kolkata? I've mathematics in class 12th in ISC board
  10. Is it compulsory to do CPT after completing B.Com?
  11. How to join CA institution coaching?
  12. Is it compulsory to have a bachelors degree to pursue MSc in Mathematics?
  13. Required Qualification to get admission for Aeronautical Engineering? Require percentage in 12th class and competitive exam to get admission for this course?
  14. How to take admission in ICWAI after 12th? Do I have to clear any exam like CPT?
  15. Is it compulsory to give the exam of CPT? I am a final year student of B.Com
  16. Am I eligible to study B.Sc(Biotechnology) if studying 12th ISC with Biology, Physics and Chemistry?
  17. What should be the best approach for JEE when 5 months are left?
  18. Can I answer the CPT exam this year again after failing in the previous year exam?
24th July 2016, 01:13 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for taking admission in CA-CPT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have just completed 12th with good marks. But I don't have Mathematics in 12th. Can I register for CA CPT exam? Is it possible then re[py me soon?

No, Mathematics is not compulsory in 12th for taking admission in CA-CPT. The candidate can clear CA CPT by attending coaching classes available for this purpose. The institutes will teach all the subjects in CPT examinations. Mathematics is needed for CPT examination, but that will be taught to you by the coaching institution. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the course and the examinations. The students who completed 12th can apply for CA CPT Examination. The candidates can register online for the CPT examination, the website link is Click Here
24th July 2016, 02:06 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CA CPT stands for Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test. The first stage is CPT and this test is held twice every year by Institute of Chartered Accountancy of India. Mathematics is not necessary for CA CPT.

You can apply for CA CPT even without mathematics in 10+2. Official website is http://www.icai.org.

CPT consists of 200 objective type questions from subjects like Fundamentals of Accountancy, Economics, Mercantile law and aptitude. You need to score 30% marks in each section of this test and 50% aggregate.
24th July 2016, 03:02 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, Mathematics is not compulsory in 12th for taking admission in CA-CPT.

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. It is the entrance exam for admission in the Chartered Accountancy course. CA-CPT is conducted by Institute of Cost Accountants of India twice a year generally in the month of June and December.

Eligibility criteria to apply for CA-CPT are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with any percentage of marks from a recognized board of Education.

-The candidate awaiting for 10+2 result are also eligible to apply for the CPT exam.

-There is no restriction on age limit to apply for this Course.

-Syllabus for CPT exam :

Accounting,

Mercantile Laws,

General Economics, and

Quantitative Aptitude .
24th July 2016, 04:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CA-CPT examination after completion of your 12th standard without Mathematics from a recognised board.

CPT is an entrance test for getting admission to CA course. Candidates who have passed 10th standard can register for CA-CPT, but only candidates who have passed 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to appear in CA-CPT examination.

So, even if you have passed 12th standard without Mathematics subject, you are eligible to appear in CA-CPT examination.
24th July 2016, 08:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no compulsion for mathematics in class 12th for CA CPT. Any stream 12th passed candidates can appear for this exam.
Hence, no need to worry if you haven't studied maths. Just get yourself registered for CPT and prepare according to syllabus.
25th July 2016, 12:49 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CA CPT stands for Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test. No, mathematics is not compulsory in 12th for Chartered Accountancy course. But you need to have good concepts of basic mathematics in order to score well in aptitude section of Common Proficiency Test.

CPT consists of multiple choice questions from disciplines like accountancy, economics, aptitude test and mercantile law. To clear this test, a candidate must score minimum of 30% marks in all sections and overall aggregate of 50% marks. You can apply for CPT examination at website of ICAI, http://www.icai.org.
25th July 2016, 08:16 PM
shubham kataria saini

Smile Re: Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for taking admission in CA-CPT?

No mathematics is not compulsory .It combine with statics in ca cpt syllabus.Both contains 50 marks in exam.But its better to have a knowledge about maths. Its will proved scoring for CA CPT exam.so ,U can register for exam.
19th August 2021, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Maths is important for cpt
25th August 2021, 11:22 AM
Singhskomal

Mathematics is not compulsory to become C.A. ( Chartered accountant) any stream students can apply for C.A. like arts, commerce, science.
Education qualification- must passed 10+2 with 55% can appear for C.A.(CPT)
CPT is a entrance exam to get admission in C.A.
But now the CPT name is changed with foundation.
CPT- FOUNDATION
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?