21st May 2016, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in NEET and MHT-CET to study Genetic Engineering?

I am studying 12th with Science stream and interested in Genetic Engineering. So, in which entrance exam should I appear to get admission. Is it necessary to give NEET and MHT-CET?

21st May 2016, 11:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in NEET and MHT-CET to study Genetic Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying 12th with Science stream and interested in Genetic Engineering. So, in which entrance exam should I appear to get admission. Is it necessary to give NEET and MHT-CET?
You are interested in Genetic Engineering, so you can apply for IIT JEE exam. This exam is conducted for Engineering course. NEET exam is conducted for MBBS and BDS course.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
21st May 2016, 11:58 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in NEET and MHT-CET to study Genetic Engineering?

No, it is not necessary to appear for NEET and MHT-CET in order to study Genetic Engineering course.

Below, I have mentioned the names of some the entrance examinations you can appear for in order to be eligible for Genetic Engineering course. Kindly, have a look at it.

> All India Common Entrance Test.

> All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exams.

> Assam Joint Entrance Test in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology.

> Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination, etc.
12th May 2017, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a Genetic engineer and i am now entering 1st PU, should i prepare for writing CET or IIT-JEE
23rd July 2017, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I persue genetic engineering by choosing biology, physics and chemistry??
20th February 2020, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

What are the entrance exams for pursuing genetic engineering in india
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?