16th July 2015, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Is NET qualification sufficient for Assistant Professor jobs?

Related Questions:
17th July 2015, 01:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NET qualification sufficient for Assistant Professor jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, UGC NET score is sufficient for for Assistant Professor jobs.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
17th July 2015, 03:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NET qualification is very much required for the post you want to opt for as it is the minimum eligibility and qualification required.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for NET examination. Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility Criteria for NET:

> The basic eligibility for appearing in UGC-NET exam is a Master degree or equivalent in related subjects.

> Candidate must have a minimum of 55% (54.99% is not eligible) in it.

> Candidates appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible.

> For appearing students they must produce their degree certificate within one year from the date of this test, otherwise they will be disqualified.

> Candidates who have pursued the degree as specified by UGC only are eligible for the exam.

> Candidate can appear for the related subject as studied in graduation. If the subjects are not covered as per UGC specification they can appear for their related subjects.

> Candidates qualifying the exam will be called for document verification at final stage.

> Candidates who have qualified the SET exam are also eligible to appear for this examination.
17th July 2015, 08:13 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

No only NET qualification is not sufficient for getting job of assistant professor.

You have to fulfill so many other constraints for getting the job.

Here is complete eligibility to be assistant professor :

Eligibility :

** Qualification:

The Assistant Professors should have Master’s degree in the relevant branch.

** Age limit:

Applicants should be less than 35 years

** Good communications skill.

** Candidate must have qualify the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC.

For more information regarding NET or Assistant professor eligibility you can contact at the below address :

All India Council for Technical Education
Adjoining Directorate of Technical Education, Indra Rd, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208002 ‎
0512 258 5014 ‎
17th July 2015, 08:42 AM
bambam04
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NO only NET qualification is not sufficient for the post of Assistance professor.
NET score card is only valid for apply in different collages and university, after the you will have to pass through written test and interview conducted by that university or collages then merit list is prepared according to performance of the candidates.
17th July 2015, 10:17 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is conducted for aspirants having master degree and seeking for lecturer job in future. In order to become Associate professor job in any government recognized university/college, the candidate needs to fulfill eligibility criteria which are given below:-
  • A candidate must have passed Master degree from a recognized university.
  • A candidate must score minimum 55% of marks in degree course.
  • A Candidate must have qualify NET/SET examination.
You can also get a job in private institution without qualifying NET/SET but there you will not get such facilities as a government employees enjoys. Although your job is temporary in private college while in government you have a safe and secure job.

Salary given to you in government sector will be according to pay scale for that post. NET qualification is enough for you to get assistance professor job.
18th July 2015, 05:10 AM
pointer01

Hello,

Through NET you can get the job in any college or university. So, NET is only valid up to the colleges. According to me NET is not only sufficient to get the Assistant Professor job.

For getting assistant Professor Job you must qualify master's degree also.

good luck.
17th December 2015, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

According to latest supreme court verdict, what are the exemptions for PhD holders to apply for assistant professor jobs who does not hold NET qualification.
2nd January 2018, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Does qualifying UGC NET examination guarantee the post of Assistant professors in universities/colleges? Actually wanted to know, will the colleges/universities prefer the candidates who are just NET qualified without any teaching experience?.Kindly suggest.
12th January 2018, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

My daughter M.A, in History with 57% from Rabindrajit Bharati university, there after M Phil and Phd. Qualify NET only few days ago. Now how she will will proceed for getting
29th March 2018, 02:02 PM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

Yes, you can be an Assistant Professor after qualifying the NET (National Eligibility Test). Deserving candidates who qualify the NET Exam will also get a chance for the Junior Research Fellowship.
One of the plus point for preparing the UGC NET Exam is, there is no age limit for the candidates.
You can appear as many time as you want. But if you appear in NET Exam for JRF, then age limit is 30 years.
6th May 2018, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my msc. In bioinformatics which subject can I prefer in csir net exam excpect bioinformatics
29th May 2018, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BE in Eand C with 59 percent and mtech in computer science with 84 percent can I apply for assistant professor job with ten yrs experience
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?