25th June 2017, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Is non-medical stream necessary for civil engineering admission?

Sir, my question is that my friends and my parents said me you are good in math. Sir, I completed my 10 from Ryan international school Amritsar. Sir, if I take JET test and get good marks then I take civil engineering. If I do not get good marks then MU. Madam tell me that you can do +2 with non-medical and do civil engineering. So, it is good for me or not. If good you can tell me courses to do civil engineering stream pass JET test or 2 with non-medical?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Mechanical or Civil or Electrical in Diploma if secured 2126 rank in JEXPO?
  2. What all courses are available for plus one after passing 10th?
  3. Am i eligible for EAMCET exam after completing intermediate examination?
  4. List of new courses along with their details, fee structure and eligibility criteria?
  5. Which stream should I choose rather than Medical and Engineering if I am good in Social Science?
  6. How may I get information about the admission procedure for taking admission in B.Tech course with civil engineering stream after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  7. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil?
  8. Can I get seat in BIT Mesra with 1000 rank and 96 percentile in GATE 2015?
  9. Should I do science or commerce course after passing 12th course?
  10. Is is a good option to take Civil engineering as optional subject in Civil services exam? Is it easy to score at?
  11. Can I change date of birth in 10th certificate? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which branch will I get after scoring 15476 rank in KIITEE?
  13. How to get B.Tech degree after working in Polytechnic at Muzaffar Nagar
  14. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  15. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  16. In which college could I get admission in M.Tech(Structural Engineering) stream after scoring 51 rank in PGECET in Civil Engineering?
  17. Can I get admission in any NIT in Structural Engineering stream after scoring 33 marks and 340 score in GATE in Civil Engineering?
  18. Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering after completing B.Tech in E&C
25th June 2017, 08:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is non-medical stream necessary for civil engineering admission?

Yes definitely if you want to pursue civil engineering degree course then you have to complete your 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects with recognised board.
Only those candidates are eligible to apply for engineering courses who have completed their 12th standard with non medical stream with minimum 60% marks.
26th June 2017, 04:29 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

After completion of your 10th standard you can opt for diploma in civil engineering by appearing and qualifying JET (Joint Entrance Test).
If you fail to qualify in JET exam then you should continue you study to class 11th science and then class 12th.And after completion of your 12th standard with science stream, you can either apply for lateral entry admission to diploma civil engineering or you can take admission in B.Tech civil engineering by qualifying JEE examination.
Science stream is further divided into medical stream and non-medical stream.
Medical stream consist of Biology/botany, Physics and chemistry as main subjects whereas non-medical stream consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
So, to become a civil engineer, you must choose non-medical science stream (PCM) in your 11th and 12th standard.
26th June 2017, 06:55 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

It is not such that only non-medical stream candidates can opt for civil engineering course. Even if you have studied PCB at your +2 level of examination, you can opt for JEE(Main) examination and can get admission in civil engineering course.

Therefore, you should not worry and just carry on with your studies to get admission in good college for opting B.Tech(civil) by scoring good rank in JEE(Main) examination.
26th June 2017, 05:41 PM
ranu shahi

Look, you can not pursue civil engineering directly after 10th. You have to pursue 12th with PCM (physics, chemistry, mathematics) then after you are eligible for civil engineering. You can also opt civil engineering diploma course just after 10th, but this will not provide you good job opportunities in future.

So, i suggest you to first pursue 12th with PCM then you can apply for JEE mains. If you cleared mains examination then you have to go for JEE Advance, and if you secure good marks in that you can get admission in any IIT institutes and fulfill your dreams very easily.
28th June 2017, 12:52 AM
Vaishali@1998

Yes non medical stream is necessary to do any engineering either it is civil or other. The eligibility criteria to do civil engineering is that you shoudl score minimum 50% in 12 with PCM and also english from a recognized board. If you will not opt non medical stream in 12 you are not eligible to do civil engineering.
18th August 2022, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

How physics , cehmestry anf math is realted to civili enegering course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?