15th June 2017, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Can a civil engineering stream student get admission in IT or CS or ME?

Can a diploma holder in civil engineering can get admission in any other branch like IT or CS or ME? & if yes, then how and what’s d procedure of lateral entry at Pantnagar University & what’ll be the syllabus or content for lateral entry examination at Pantnagar University? Please let me know all the information regarding lateral entry examination?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Mechanical or Civil or Electrical in Diploma if secured 2126 rank in JEXPO?
  2. Is it possible for me to change the stream in B.E to marine or aeronautical after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  3. Which stream I can opt for doing B.E after completion of diploma in Civil?
  4. How can I change my stream to Civil Engineering being a Mechanical student?
  5. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  6. How may I get information about the admission procedure for taking admission in B.Tech course with civil engineering stream after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  7. Types of exams and qualifications for Civil Engineering Student?
  8. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get seat in BIT Mesra with 1000 rank and 96 percentile in GATE 2015?
  10. In which college could I get admission in M.Tech(Structural Engineering) stream after scoring 51 rank in PGECET in Civil Engineering?
  11. Can a civil engineering stream student get admission in IT or CS or ME? -- [New]
  12. Which branch will I get after scoring 15476 rank in KIITEE?
  13. Can I get admission in any NIT in Structural Engineering stream after scoring 33 marks and 340 score in GATE in Civil Engineering?
  14. Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering after completing B.Tech in E&C
  15. What is the correct way to pursue M.S in Civil Engineering from Germany? I am a B.Tech Civil Engineering Final year student
  16. Which college can i get after scoring 1162 rank in PGECET in Civil Engineering Stream?
  17. Eligibility to appear in West Bengal JELET for Diploma student? Procedure to get admission in B.Tech(Civil Engineering) course?
  18. Possibility to pursue M.Tech in Architecture for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) final year student? List of colleges with admission procedure?
15th June 2017, 08:27 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a civil engineering stream student get admission in IT or CS or ME?

No, it's not possible for a diploma holder in Civil Engineering to get lateral entry admission in any other branch of B.Tech/B.E course other than Civil Engineering.
So you are only allowed to take Civil Engineering branch in B.Tech/B.E course through lateral entry admission scheme.
To take admission, there is LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test) exam which is conducted at state level.Some colleges and universities too conduct their own lateral entry test. So you need to qualify in it to get lateral entry admission direct in 2nd year of four years of B.Tech/B.E course.

For more information, kindly visit http://www.gbpuat.ac.in
15th June 2017, 11:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a civil engineering stream student get admission in IT or CS or ME?

No, being a Diploma holder in Civil Engineering, you are not eligible to get admission in IT or CS or ME course. Candidates who have passed Diploma course from a recognised board are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through lateral entry admission process. You need to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state technical board of education to get admission for pursuing Civil Engineering course.
16th June 2017, 09:52 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't get lateral entry admission in second year, if you have got diploma in civil engineering and want to change your stream. You will only get lateral entry in the same stream.

If you want to get admission in first year B.Tech of your choice stream, then go for JEE. For JEE Main, diploma engineering candidates are eligible, but there is no lateral entry.
16th June 2017, 04:59 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a diploma holder in civil engineering can get admission in any other branch like IT or CS or ME? & if yes, then how and what’s d procedure of lateral entry at Pantnagar University & what’ll be the syllabus or content for lateral entry examination at Pantnagar University? Please let me know all the information regarding lateral entry examination?

It is not possible to change stream after diploma in civil engineering course. Diploma in civil engineering completed, candidates can take only BE or BTech Civil Engineering. It is not possible to study IT or Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering. Diploma completed, students are admitted to the second year of the four year engineering course through lateral entry admission. Admission to the lateral entry is done through a lateral entry entrance examination. You have to study the same stream in engineering after completion of diploma.
17th June 2017, 12:35 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that a Civil Engineering Diploma candidate cannot get a chance to opt Degree course in any of the above mentioned streams.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course in Civil Engineering from a recognised University are very much eligible to opt for degree course in the relevant field through lateral entry process directly in the second year of the degree course.
Candidates must have to qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the respective State Council or National Council.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?