26th July 2015, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear in JEE Main for 12th Commerce student?

Hello,
I am interest to apply for JEE Main and study B.Tech. But I have taken Commerce in my Higher Secondary. I have already completed my 11th Commerce. So, can I give JEE Main after my 12th Commerce?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  2. Possibility to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 92% in 12th and over 180 marks in JEE Mains?
  3. Possibility to get admission in NIT with 138 marks in JEE Main and 80% in 12th Board exam? With this marks and percentage I can appear in JEE Advanced?
  4. Syllabus, suitable books for preparation and qualifying marks in JEE Main for Gujarati student?
  5. Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?
  6. How to prepare for JEE Main being CBSE student?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main being a 12th Commerce candidate with certified in Advanced Drawing?
  8. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  9. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if applied but didn't appear in this year?
  10. Will I be able to crack JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from Hindi Medium?
  11. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  12. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  13. Can I get admission in any government college if scored 61 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 85% in 12th CBSE?
  14. After 12Th in Maths stream Can I join engineering without qualifying JEE Main?
  15. Should I reappear in 12th and JEE Main & Advance if didn't qualify in 12th PCM if interested to become IAS Officer?
  16. Possibility to study B.Com/BBA in St. Xavier's College, Ranchi for 12th Commerce student?
  17. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  18. Whether I should drop an year for giving JEE Main and advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
27th July 2015, 04:46 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Main for 12th Commerce student?

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main after 12th class with commerce.

Eligibility for JEE Main :

Candidate must have to pass 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognised board.
27th July 2015, 05:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in the JEE examination after pursuing the commerce. JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by the CBSE every year for the aspirants who want to pursue the B.tech/B.E from the recognised government or private institute.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidate must have pursue the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in the 10+2.

So, you need to either make a year back to again start pursuing the 10+2 in science or you have to continue your study with the Commerce.

The JEE examination is conducted in the two stages as the Mains and the Advance and the candidate need to qualify in both the stages to get the admission in the IIT.

So, if you want to pursue the B.tech the only option before you to take the admission in the science discipline.
28th July 2015, 01:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am interest to apply for JEE Main and study B.Tech. But I have taken Commerce in my Higher Secondary. I have already completed my 11th Commerce. So, can I give JEE Main after my 12th Commerce?
No, 12th standard with commerce subject are not eligible for JEE main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
30th July 2015, 01:20 AM
pointer01

No you cannot apply for B.Tech. For appearing in JEE you must have a 12th passed student. Physics and mathematics as the main subjects in class 12th. So, it is impossible for you to apply for JEE exam.

If you still want to join B.Tech then, you have to again pass class 12th. For doing B.Tech through JEE you have to crack the exam of JEE Mains and after that you have to qualify JEE Advance exam.
11th May 2018, 12:53 AM
Rahul Mittal73515

Yes you can apply for jee mains .now rules are changed and everyone can apply for jee mains.
28th September 2019, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I am commerce student I passed 12th class 61 % I my I want to take addmition in jee mains to take b. tech so possibility to appear jee mains
30th December 2022, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Give me any suggestion that I will do jee mains after commerce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?