2nd July 2019, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate through 12th NIOS Board?

Sir/Madam, I am looking forward to give the Board exam of 12th standard with NIOS Board. My aim is to join Merchant Navy. I would like to know that if I do 12th from NIOS Board then it is possible for me to join Merchant Navy?

4th July 2019, 02:58 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate through 12th NIOS Board?

Yes, you can join Merchant Navy after completion of your 12th board examination, you will have to appear for CET examination once you have completed your 12th boards with a minimum of 50% in aggregate.

You should however have to try and score a minimum of 60% in your CET examination.
4th July 2019, 11:05 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate through 12th NIOS Board?

Possibility to join Merchant Navy through 12th NIOS board:-

Yes, NIOS student are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

If you have passed 12th or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a Central/State board or recognised school then you are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
4th July 2019, 11:24 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Merchant Navy after completing your 12th standard from NIOS board then you have to appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and September.
4th July 2019, 11:47 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to join Merchant Navy if you completed your 12th from NIOS.
It is not depend on which board you pass out. The only requirement is that you must completed your education.
So, you can join Merchant Navy after passing your Higher secondary from NIOS with 67.6% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?