22nd July 2019, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 37.21% in 10th CBSE Board?

Hello everyone, I am very much confused. I have scored only 37.21% marks in my 10th Board exam of CBSE Board. I live in Chandigarh and want to secure admission for Science stream in Higher Secondary. Kindly let me know that with this percentage of marks, I can get Science or not?

26th July 2019, 12:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 37.21% in 10th CBSE Board?

No, you are not eligible to opt for science stream in higher secondary with 37.21 percent in 10th because science stream is is offered to those students who have scored more than 75% in most of the schools.
In fact most of the institute will not allow you to pursue any course such as diploma foreigner certification course because your percentage is very low then the minimum criteria.
So, personally I would like to suggest you to repeat your 10th standard again with good percentage that is more than 50% atleast.
26th July 2019, 04:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 37.21% in 10th CBSE Board?

To get admission in science stream in the CBSE affiliated school the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 10th from a recognised board.

So, you just need to have minimum passing aggregate in 10th to get admission in science stream.

The required aggregate to get admission in science stream varies with school. So, you can visit the official website of school to get admission procedure in the school.
26th July 2019, 10:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As your percentage in 10th standard is very low hence you will not be allowed to join any stream. If any school will allow you to app for any stream then it will be a problem for you in the future because you no university or college will allow you to pursue any course because then tenth standard percentage is seen everywhere and it should be meaning 45% for reserved students and 50% for General Category students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?