27th June 2015, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?

Hello everyone,
Does National Institute Of Open Schooling certificate of 12th standard be considered equal as one from ICSE or CBSE Board? I have studied in CBSE till 11th and has a 10th passing certificate from CBSE Board and 12th passing certificate from NIOS, will it be an issue for my future studies? Please help.
I need a hurried answer in details.

29th June 2015, 08:06 PM
reconnect

Default Re: Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?

No, it is not a barrier if completed 12th from NIOS board. NIOS board is also equivalent to CBSE/ ISC board but the difference is that in NIOS board the classes are not held on the regular basis. While in CBSE/ISC you have to attend the regular classes.
NIOS board is also a recognized board of India .So, if You have passed your 12th from NIOS then there will be no problem at all.
30th June 2015, 03:20 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?

No it will not be an issue as NIOS is a recognized board and the certificates issued by NIOS Board is totally valid and there is no problem for the students when it comes to jobs or further studies at any point.
So just make sure that you can fulfill your goals as the NIOS Board certificate will not be a barrier for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?