7th August 2019, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 43% in 10th Tamil Nadu Board?

Hello everyone, I am very much confused. I have scored only 43% marks in my 10th Board exam of Tamil Nadu Board. I live in Salem and want to secure admission for Science stream in Higher Secondary. Kindly let me know that with this percentage of marks, I can get Science or not?

12th August 2019, 12:39 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 43% in 10th Tamil Nadu Board?

To pursue science stream in std 11th the required minimum eligibility is that :-

Candidate must have passed 10th from a recognised board.

The minimum required aggregate in 10th varies with school.

In some of the school, entrance test is also conducted for the admission.

You are eligible for admission in the science stream.

So, visit the official website of the school to get detail about the admission procedure.
12th August 2019, 01:02 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 43% in 10th Tamil Nadu Board?

As per any recognised board the required eligibility to get admission in science stream in std 11th is that candidate must have passed 10th from a recognised board.

The admission procedure as well as criteria to offer science stream in std 11th varies with school.

So, visit the official website to get the detail about the admission procedure in which, you want to get admission.
13th August 2019, 09:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no possibility for you to study science in higher secondary after scoring just 43% in 10th standard because to take admission in science stream the cutoff is nearly about 70 or 75% above in most of the Indian schools.
Moreover, your percentage in 10th is very less, so I would like to suggest you that you must go for improvement exams so that you can improve your score and percentage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?